4P1D - Does this look doable?

Still just over here planning my July trip like it’s gonna happen and trying to map out my 4P1D. Most of what I’ve read suggest ending in MK which WOULD actually work perfect as the day we’re attempting this challenge has PM EMH at MK until midnight. However, since I’m attempting this with my kids I am finishing our day in Epcot instead so we can stumble to The Boardwalk and crash at the end of the day.

Here’s what my plan looks like so far…

Park #1 - PPO Tusker Breakfast, KS, Creature Comforts for a snack, Tree of Life Pic (8-10:30)
MINNIE VAN TO MK
Park #2 - MK - FPs for 7D, PPF, iasw, lunch at Columbia Harbor House, Dole Whips at Aloha Isle, Castle Pic (11:30-2:30)
MINNIE VAN TO HS
Park #3 - HS - Snacks at Kat Saka’s Kettle and Milk Stand, SDFP for MFSR, Chinese Theater Pic, BB-8 M&G (4-6:30)
SKYLINER/BOAT/WALK TO EPCOT
Park #4 - FEA DP (assuming offered on our date), FEA, fireworks, Not sure where to take a pic here with all of the construction around SSE. Any ideas?? (7:30 - 9:45)
WALK HOME TO THE BOARDWALK INN AND CRASH

Ok, thoughts on these timeframes? Seem reasonable? According to TP, it is doable with a fair amount of wiggle room and hopefully will allow for the inevitable zillion bathroom breaks children seem to require. My main concern with my timeframe is park-to-park travel times. I’ve allowed an hour between most parks and an hour and a half between MK and HS thinking this is the time of day when thunderstorms will be likely and MVs may be harder to come by.

Also, think I’m allowing enough room for food?? I’ve got a buffet breakfast to start the day in AK, a snack in AK, a QS lunch in MK, snack in MK, snack in HS and DP in EP.

2 Likes

I actually think your plan is doable. I have done 4P1D several times and usually allot 2.5 to 3 hours in each park with 1 to 1.5 hours to travel between parks (which is more than needed most of the time but I like to have some cushion). I love your plan. I really hope you get to do it.

Yes he only thing that worries me here is SDFP for MFSR. Otherwise I think you’re good. For Epcot pic, how about pic looking across lake to American pavilion?

1 Like

Also the obvious disclaimer that this will only work of things are back to normal.

3 Likes

That’s great to hear. I really hope we can too! And that I can bait my kids with all the snacks and treats along the way and get them to power through during end of July heat in Orlando. :smirk:

1 Like

Same here. I feel like MFSR had decent SB times later in the day. I need to go look at those to see if we’d have time to wait in SB if the SDFPs don’t drop. I think I’d try to make ST my attraction here since it should be one of the easiest SDFPs to get BUT DD4 is just barely 38” and won’t make the height requirement for it.

Great idea!!! :clap:t2:

1 Like

You could bait them with finding a snack unique to each park.

1 Like

Looks like a blast! Fingers crossed you get to do it. Just a transportation note - Minnie vans are only a truly an advantage for to and from MK. If you are comfortable using a traditional ride share, I actually found them to be a little more convenient (not to mention way cheaper) than the Minnie Vans when I took a run at the every ride challenge.

MVs are definitely better than using buses or monorails, though. So stick with that if you aren’t comfortable with using a regular lyft/Uber.

3 Likes

Will you need a snack at AK? Just wondering.

Are you meet and greeting at Norway? Is there a photo there?

Otherwise looks good to me.

Hmm. Recalling our grandniece’s 4 park wipe out as we call it, which also started in AK (rope drop FoP) and finished in Epcot (supper at San Angel Inn). Her park specific attractions were unavailable in two parks. EE at AK, which she and her group actually went back to AK for when it finally came on line. And something at MK which was still down when it was time to head to Epcot.

Perhaps a back up for each park would be in order? (To which I’d be saying, EXcellent, more planning.)

1 Like

Agreed that traditional Lyft/ride share is way cheaper!! However, in my experience they are not reliable in being able to provide car seats for younger children which is important to me. My youngest will turn 4 this month and is still in a 5-point harness at home and I love that I can rely on MVs to provide a good quality seat for her. My 6 year old will ride without a booster if necessary but she is really safest in a booster if we can get one.

3 Likes

The last time I did 4P1D we only used Disney transportation and we still accomplished everything we wanted to. The buses between parks weren’t busy during the day.

2 Likes

Grandniece says same. She and her group used Disney transport. She had an hour set aside for transfer and it never took a full hour.

She says the bus from Epcot to “home” was the worst. They waited thru 3 buses until one came with room.

They also used the monorail from MK to Epcot which she reports was s l o w.

2 Likes

No, we probably won’t but I function better with Starbucks. :wink::rofl: If the line is crazy, we’ll just skip it.

And good call on the back-up plan! I hadn’t really considered that.

2 Likes

That is quite encouraging!!!

2 Likes

Looks like a good plan. I have done 4 parks twice only using Disney transport. I did take advantage of EMM but I was done by 7 or 8pm. My requirements were 2 attractions and a photo in front of each park icon. I too would not count on a SDFB for MFSR. you may need to make an alternate plan for HS

1 Like

She actually did 5 parks when she discovered at park 2 (HS) that EE was up and running. She was showing off WDW to newbies with the help of a cousin who’s been multiple times. So they were kinda ride specific. AK was open before 7 if memory serves.
AK: FoP, KS, Dino, photo, Dinobites, leave cuz EE down
HS: Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, Woody’s Lunchbox, photos, leave cuz EE is open
AK: EE and quick visit to shop, leave
MK: Cosmic Rays for real sustenance, Space Mtn, 7DMT, HM, Splash Mtn, (BTMRR down), Pirates, photos, leave
Epcot: photos, Gran Fiesta Tour, San Angel Inn, MiSpace orange, Illuminations, leave

1 Like

I was going to say you could do a PPO at BOG and if there is no EMH or EMM you could knock out all three of those FPs in 30 minutes without FPs and use FPs at a different park

1 Like

Well, I’m open to alternative strategies here for sure! HS is tricky with my group. It’ll be myself and my four kids. They will be 9, 8, 6, and 4. DD4 is under 40” so that limits our options at HS quite a bit. No ToT, RnRC, ST, ROTR. It seems silly to make this park one in which I book FPs given our limited number of ride options.

@Firsttripdisneydad, I like your suggestion of PPO BOG and utilizing FPs elsewhere. My original thought behind my park order was to do AK and MK as my first two parks since they are the farthest away from our resort, which is BWI. From there I thought AK made the most sense to tackle first - the date we’re attempting this is July 29th - and I figure the sooner we can get AK done (given its reputation for being the hottest park) the better.

2 Likes

Wow. If I can get half of what she accomplished done I’ll be happy! That is an impressive day!

They were wiped out. Bruises, blisters, etc. They said they had fun, but they also said they could wait 10 years to do it again. Tho she’s talking wistfully about a four park day in December.

I will add that the only park they had FPs for was HS. They did FoP at AK before official opening on an EMH morning. Well, September 2019 every morning was EMH. They had FPs for Toy Story and Star Tours. Is your 4 year old not able to do either of those? September 2019 we had a 4 and 11/12th year old who was able to ride.

My grandniece said one mistake was not enough food at their second park - HS - because AK seldom seems to have much in the way of food before 10:30. (Plus they all claim not to be breakfast people)

When they got to MK they had to recuperate from the lack of fuel and fluids at HS. The second time at AK they were just in and out for EE. She said while they were resting at Cosmic Ray’s she was able to come up with a park plan based on ride waits at MDE. They waited 20 minutes for 7DMT. On standby. She wanted to do Thunder Mtn, Splash Mtn, and Pirates after HM but knew they didn’t have enough time before needing to leave for Epcot. She figured she’d let the universe decide and by the time they got to the Mtn area, BTMRR was down.

I think if she were to repeat the 4 park thing, it’d be fewer rides. She’d keep the photos - they got some good ones - and focus on the food more. Maybe a pin trade.

You should be fine with your schedule and crew. We’ve done 3 parks in one day, as senior citizens, and were tired but not stove up.

2 Likes