4 days WWYD?

We are taking a trip to Disney Dec 15 - 20 with our 6 and 2 year olds. We have decided not to do the party at this time, but I need help with a touring plan. What parks are your favorite with young kids and why? How would you plan 4 days? We may potentially have more time on the 15th depending on our flight… haven’t booked yet. Hoping to do a character breakfast on departure day.

This will be the 6 year olds 2nd trip. We are staying off property.

For kids that young I think my focus would be heavily MK. The reason being that MK has the most rides suitable for those ages and I think most will agree it’s the most “magical” of all the parks. I think you could easily spend 2 days there. In AK there won’t be as many rides suitable for them, but the shows like Lion King and Nemo are great and there are lots of animals to see on the trails. Your 6 year old might also enjoy Wilderness Explorers there. Plus, it’s just a beautiful park. I wouldn’t miss it. Of course, Toy Story Land in HS could be a big draw for you too. I doubt you’d spend an entire day in HS though, as the other rides have height requirements that might limit you. Finally, the adults would likely enjoy Epcot and our experience has been that it’s a great place to meet characters if your kids are into that.

All that to say, I think if it were me, I’d do 2 days at MK, 1 day at AK, and 1/2 day each at HS and Epcot.

1 Like

I highly recommend Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno for a character breakfast. I’ve done several and it’s by far my favorite. The characters interact with the guests more and you get to see Prince Eric and Flynn Rider.

1 Like

We didn’t see any princes on our last trip. My daughter would love this!

1 Like

It’s great and the food is good as well. So many times with character breakfasts, the characters race around a huge dining room while you eat “meh” breakfast items. Not the case with Bon Voyage. They did a great job with theming of even the food. For example, the pastries come in a mini iron skillet. Jump on the ADR as soon as your 180 window opens because it’s hard to get. Don’t give up if you don’t get it at first. Use the reservation finder on here. That’s how I got my reservation back in November.