30 minutes for a cookie?

Apparently it’s a known issue with meals/breaks appearing 3 hours earlier in a plan. We’ve looked at it multiple times and can’t figure it out. The work-around is to edit the step and change the times.

If anyone can reliably reproduce this, let me know the steps, please.

2 Likes

If you WERE going to offer up 30mins for a cookie… that is the cookie to do it for.

4 Likes

Unless she’s One Of Us it should be quite easy to keep secret

2 Likes

OMG the ultimate IT response! :sob: :wink:

Thanks for looking at this Len, and chiming in!

4 Likes

I thought that was “it’s not a bug, it’s a feature”? :joy:

4 Likes

Nope.

“It’s a known problem” is definitely something I hear on a near daily basis WRT our EMR

3 Likes

They aren’t clever enough about skirting around issues then… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Is that the candied bacon on stick?

1 Like

Chocolate covered bacon with chipotle ganache

3 Likes

Ahhh! Thanks. They lost me at chipotle. Not a fan of peppers.

I mean, it doesn’t taste like peppers? If you’re not a fan of spicy maybe it’s not for you, but it’s mildly spicy and just absolutely delicious.

Tell you what: I’ll go with you and we can order it. Whatever you don’t want I’ll eat. Deal?

3 Likes

Sounds perfect. I’ll be there in 8 days. Just let me know when to meet you.

1 Like

9 days then.

1 Like

This happened to me a while back and I assumed it happened because I was in a different time zone and it somehow decided my selected meal time was in my time zone vs. WDW’s. If that’s happening to people from other time zones, I assume it’s something else, but might be worth checking the coding to see if the meal timer is associated with a particular time zone?

2 Likes

brickface

3 Likes

Building on what Len wrote here, it’s not quite accurate that we “can’t figure it out.” A better statement would be that it happens infrequently enough that it’s not worth the time it would take to resolve this issue. At some point we will overhaul the personalized touring plan interface, and we’ll likely fix it then.

As another poster here suggests, the bug is related to time zones, but it’s not related to anything that you (as someone experiencing the problem) did, so you cannot take a different action to avoid the issue. Generally speaking, though, if you create a plan and end up with weird meal/break start times, you’ll be able to go in manually and fix those times without incident.

The 31-minute cookie issue that started this thread is unrelated to the 3-hour “time zone bug.” I would need to look at the specific plan (which no longer exhibits the problem) to figure out what was going on there. Although I think wolfing down a carrot cake cookie in 5 minutes would be a bad idea, our software isn’t smart enough to know that.

10 Likes

Whoa, y’all. a @len response and detailed @david response on the same thread…(in best Wayne’s World voice) I’m not worthy!

The plan is simply to acquire the cookie in 5 minutes, not eat it within 5 minutes. Our next plan step is finding a spot from which to watch Wonderful World of Animation some 40 odd minutes later, so I assure you safe and software-approved cookie eating procedures will be in full effect.

7 Likes

Except my inability to keep secrets is a known issue!

As reigning Queen of Snacks (or whatever title it was @Randall1028 gave me :joy:), I fully approve this plan. :heart_eyes:

(Regrettably, acquiring that specific cookie continues to allude me, but it is still on my list!)

3 Likes