30 min wait for TOT at RD?

My TP says that my wait for TOT will be 30 min at rope drop on a CL 4 day. I know it is only running on one side/tower right now, but all of what I’ve read is that it is easily a walk on at RD, with the masses headed to TSL. Does this sound right, even assuming I’m not “ahead” of the RD crowd, as TP does?

1 Like

We were there last week and lots of people were running for TOT at RD. I was surprised at the crowd. We were at the front of the pack because my niece really wanted to ride and she didn’t have an FPP.

1 Like

Remember that TP can’t really estimate RD wait. It assumes you are walking in the park at opening time. So, effectively, at the back of the pack.

3 Likes

What is this mythical thing of which you speak?

4 Likes

I was not able to get a ToT fast pass because I used the later days of my trip for AK & FoP. When I came back to book my HS day, I was surprised to see that the allocation was gone. I guess I’ll just keep checking every so often or do the rope drop run.

Does Disney drop more FP+ for attractions at 30 days out ?

Do you know if the crowd mellow out or did it stay busy?

Looks like the posted times stay busy, but the actual green dot wait times are more reasonable.

https://touringplans.com/hollywood-studios/attractions/tower-of-terror/wait-times/date/2019-06-16

I know the posted times stayed busy. She didn’t try to go again, so I’m not sure about the actual waits.

2 Likes

Good to know, thanks.

1 Like

It does exist! I walked on the astroobiter once. :slight_smile:

Nah. You’re just pulling my leg! :wink:

1 Like

lies! Even when there is nobody in line, it takes at least 20 minutes to get on that stupid elevator.

2 Likes

Okay, okay, it wasn’t AO, it was IASW.

No, I really did! It was a CL 2 day in October, we were at the Tomorrowland hub spoke at 8:30, and literally the first people in line for AO. The CM sauntered up at 9:05, but then let us ride twice in a row!

1 Like

Ah. That I can believe. I mean, who wants to ride a boat with nothing else to do but look at a bunch of singing/dancing dolls. :wink:

1 Like

Aha! @heidelj is right! You got there at 8:30, but CM at 9:05. That means you waited 35 minutes! NOT a walk-on!

D’oh! Foiled again.

I don’t believe that they drop more FP at 30 days - some people do. I’m hoping I’m wrong as I did HS first and could only get TOT for 5.20, which means I won’t be able to get a same day SDD. Which I couldn’t get at all.

That was 15 days ago, and the only TOT I’ve seen since (checking several times a day) was yesterday, at 8.10. It didn’t last long.

Even if that is the case now, I suspect it will change if as rumored TOT becomes a Tier 1 starting August 29.

Well, I walked on from rope drop at 9 am!

You can look for a same-day FPP; I think HS does drops at a variety of times, including 12:01 pm on many days.

1 Like

9.31, 12.01, 2.31.

3 Likes

Thanks for this!

1 Like