3 people, one big backpack or 3 small drawstring packs?

I will say, I still carry a sweatshirt for DS9 in the pack, even in the hottest months. He is usually freezing indoors with the air conditioning after about 5 minutes. So it’s become a necessity for us for TS meals and any shows.

dumb question, but what is “DS9” or DH11, etc mean??? lol

DS → Dear (Disney) Son
DD → Dear (Disney) Daughter
H-> husband
W-> Wife
etc.

Numbers indicate ages.

For a better look at forumspeak, check out this thread:

Also, I’d be very leery of anyone labelled “DH11”. Just sayin.

1 Like

Well, it could be DH of 11 years? :wink:

I suppose… though that’s not usually how that abbreviation works! :joy:

ok thanks. lol

1 Like

My wife and I have done two tours of WDW with her camelbak, it is one of the lighter models, but fits everything we need including snacks, first aid kit, and water. Plus it is breathable and helps distribute the water evenly since its not in a bottle. We switch off who carries it, but its ordinarily me early in the days until I start getting tired :sweat_smile:

I would definitely stay away from the drawstring bags though. They are uncomfortable, and not any way to organize them.

I would actually have your dd carry her own bag w/ her stuff.

As for water bottles, you can either attach some carabiners to your small bags, grab a water bottle lanyard, or invest in some collapsible water bottles.

If anyone is looking to upgrade themselves a bit, I switched over to an Osprey Daylight Plus this year and love it. Pack alone is very light for its size, has an excellent set of compartments and pockets.

Because I’m an IT Director and have to be able to remote in to systems when on the road, I have to carry an iPad, chargers, hotspot and related stuff. Plus we have kids’ epipens. The Daylight was a huge step up from my previous LL Bean stowable pack, (which has essentially one big pocket) without much weight added.

One issue with it: the side pocket needs to be higher to keep bottles in place.

Great support too (with an unexpected bonus): After our trip, I did notice some of the top pocket was de-laminating and the fabric was getting a little bubbly. I sent in a support request to Osprey via their web site and they said they would replace it - I just had destroy the pack and send photos of it, then they’d send replacement. (They reminded me to keep the plastic buckles and clips in case I could use them later.)

The bonus: While mine was a Daylight PLUS they sent me a regular Daylight by mistake. When I sent them an email letting them know, they said just keep the pack and they’d send the right one. So, now my wife has (and loves) her own free Daylight!

1 Like

Could be DH #11, some people get remarried a lot :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

indeed!

Agreed- 3 smaller but NOT drawstring. I have also been the pack mule and one large one can really start to be burdensome when you are walking several miles a day :sweat:

Well first I was trying to figure out what a goat cooler was :joy::joy:

1 Like

:joy: well goodness me.

1 Like

Caramerson: A smallish stroller solves a lot of your issues. Leave a cooler on the bottom of it. I often leave the backpack on the front seat of the stroller and carry the valuables in my pockets. No sweaty back.

1 Like