3 kids age 11(boy), 8, 5 (girls)

I am exploring how to customise the planner but I have 3 kids of different ages, gender, and interests. We have 3 days for both Disneyland and California park. How should I go about planning this? Thanks

One of the bigger issues is height, who can go on what. Can your 5 year old go on all the rides she want to? (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/parks/height-requirements/)

Do you plan to ride switch with the other people in your group so if the 5 can’t go on the ride. (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/rider-switch/)

Children 7 and older may ride rides on their own. Do you plan to do that with the 11 & 8 year old?

Are there activities that all of you will do together?

Where are the compromises?

Thanks for the issues to consider!
I guess I was thinking about splitting up the group like 1 Adult + 1 (11 yr old) for the bigger rides then 1 Adult + 2 (8 & 5 yr old) for the smaller rides.
Should I do 2 touring plans for 1 day or are the plans efficient enough that if the older one goes on a ride, the rest of the group can wait around for the next step?

With Disney, I rarely think of them as big/little kid rides (except for the height issue). There are a couple of exceptions, but my 9 year old boy goes on practically everything. There is only one ride he hasn’t been on yet by his own choice. (The theme of the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror was too much.)

Fantasyland attractions are fun, particularly the dark rides. The only kiddie rides (IMO) at DL are the roller coaster in Toon Town, Casey Jr. and maybe the Storybook ride & King Arthur Carrousel ( especially if an 11 yo thinks they are too old for this kind of stuff.) :slight_smile: And Bugs Land in DCA. And even some of those are fun. The rest are really for all ages. I assume that both of the younger ones do not want or can’t go on the coaster rides or Indiana Jones.

If you have fast passes for the coaster rides, you will be looking at about 20 minute wait for your son. Depending on how they are scheduled, it might be a good time to take a break in a shop or get a cool drink while you wait.

I don’t know if this helps.

1 Like