3 days to go/ DH now curious about plans

Does anyone else have family that doesn’t get involved with planning until last minute? We are 3 days out and DH just now wants to know which parks and TS each day. Granted I had told him multiple times and asked about which things he doesn’t want to miss months ago. He’s just now understanding alcohol is included to the DDP and realized if we want a glass of wine or beer it’s not extra lol. “Oh we’re going on the Rapids ride? I’m gonna have to get sandals, I hate walking in wet shoes” Yeah believe I asked about that back in January, and 75 days ago :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

That was clearly your fault. Who can think about sandals in January?

1 Like

Yeah I know how this feels !!!

My rule: anyone who doesn’t help with the planning doesn’t get to critique. You can ask questions but you better not second-guess my plans !!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Yup. When I was planning the trip specifically for my mom, she didn’t care AT ALL…I asked over and over what she wanted to do and what not. It was always “whatever you decide” … uh huh… until 2 weeks or so out. Then suddenly the barrage of questions and suggestions came in. It’s a sign they’re getting excited for the trip.

6 Likes

Every. Time. We are currently a week out and I get, “Oh yeah, I have to buy some clothes for FL!”

I like this thought, very true.

5 Likes

I think it’s ALSO a sign that they’re not as crazy (about Disney) as we all are. :wink:

5 Likes

I like the positive spin! They are getting excited! I just hate it when plans may need to change due to their input so close to the trip!

2 Likes

DD10 has been a bit more of an overplanner on me the past month lol. She’d already set her alarm clock at 2am once school let out 3 WEEKS AGO. Guess who almost had a heart attack hearing a 2am alarm when it usually means I overslept for work… :rofl: DH just wants to get away from work, which I can understand completely.

1 Like

Not in my house! You know I’m planning, give me input when I need it or forever hold your peace.

10 Likes

Same here, DH can decide not to ride/go somewhere but I didn’t get up at 6 am to not ride something planned lol. Next time he’s planning :shushing_face:

2 Likes

We may be married to the same man. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Just tell him you can’t afford to buy him sandals because of all the money you spent on fastpasses.

9 Likes

Does that work? I don’t think I would want my DH to plan.

1 Like

It would be maybe a week of research, and questions before saying “let’s just get a TA this year” lol I don’t mind planning because it gives me something to do other than my normal hobbies. So a TA to me would just take my bit of pre-vacation fun :rofl:

2 Likes

I hope this is a big boat, as it seems we are all in the same one. :):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Yes it is frustrating. I just told my husband we can’t make any changes inside 30 days… I acted like it was a Disney rule, but just want a month to pack and not change plans. LOL

9 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

My DH doesn’t care what we do, he only goes for me and DS, and DS is a planner like me. So I don’t actually have this problem.

2 Likes

Amen to this!!

7 Likes

Oh my gosh…I laughed and felt your pain when I saw the post title.

I’m in the same boat here - 2 weeks to go and DDs get involved, despite me waking them questions for the last 6 months ! Simple rule on any request is they have to be clear what they will give up to fit the new item in.

My family never asks me anything. They’re used to me doing all the planning for all of our trips.

It’s not like I fail to solicit their comments, they just don’t have any- they know I know what they like & don’t like. I think DH did say that he liked TS lunches followed by afternoon breaks and would like continue doing that. But that’s the only thing I remember anyone saying.

They’ve pretty much abdicated all responsibility. Since that’s the case, they also know not to complain about the arrangements.

We’ve been traveling extensively as a family for 20 years now, they know the ropes and I guess they like their travel agent & tour guide. :blush:

5 Likes