3, 2, 1, Launch: Heads up! (up to date Launch times to help you look up to the skies while you're in the parks)

Thank you! This is such a great idea!

1 Like

Well… it was your idea… so, Thank you :wink:

1 Like

Thursday, February 3, 2022

Advisory: BrevardEOC At level 2 activation for launch

Dear Nixle User,

We have activated our launch operations support team in preparation for the Astra VCLS Demo2 launch. Window: 3 - 4PM.

I didn’t see the launch, but heard folks talking about it in a meeting…sounds like the launch was a failure. I’ll have to find some news about it.

Oh here’s my info

Dear Nixle User,

We have deactivated our launch operations support team after a successful launch of the Astra VCLS Demo2 rocket.

I found this:

1 Like

Live coverage: Astra rocket fails minutes after liftoff

February 5, 2022 (delayed to Feb 7 and again to Feb 10)

Astra’s Rocket 3.3 vehicle failed to reach orbit after entering a tumble a few minutes after liftoff at 3 p.m. EST (2000 GMT) from Cape Canaveral. Four NASA-sponsored CubeSats were lost in the mishap.

That was from Spaceflightnow.com .

2 Likes

Good to know peeps, Thanks! My email notifications give me accurate launch times but not fails :upside_down_face:

Here’s more but not complete article in evenings paper:

Astra Space successfully launched a rocket Thursday for the first time from the Space Coast, but the mission was a failure as the upper stage was last seen spinning in space with its ultimate fate unclear.

“We experienced an issue in today’s flight,” said Astra Space CEO and cofounder Chris Kemp. “I’m deeply sorry we were not able to deliver our customer’s payloads. I’m with the team looking at data, and we will provide more info as soon as we can.”

After launch attempts were thwarted by the Space Force’s busted radar equipment last weekend, and then a last-second scrub Monday because of a communication issue with its Rocket 3.3 spacecraft, the Alameda, California-based company saw no issues leading up to a 3 p.m. liftoff from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station.

Astra's Rocket 3.3 lifts off from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Fla., on Thursday, Feb. 10, 2022. This is the first launch from the Space Coast for the company. Rocket 3.3, carrying four small satellites for NASA, failed shortly after liftoff. (Craig Bailey/Florida Today via AP)

Astra’s Rocket 3.3 lifts off from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Fla., on Thursday, Feb. 10, 2022. This is the first launch from the Space Coast for the company. Rocket 3.3, carrying four small satellites for NASA, failed shortly after liftoff. (Craig Bailey/Florida Today via AP) (Craig Bailey/AP)

The plan was to deploy four satellites for NASA a little more than eight minutes after liftoff, but cameras on board ahead of the deployment showed the second stage tumbling in space.

On the company’s live stream aired by NASASpaceflight.com, sounds of cheers could be heard after the rocket successfully moved through main engine cutoff, first-stage and fairing separation three minutes into the flight.

But they turned to groans and then silence as viewers could see the blue ball of the Earth coming in and out of frame as the upper stage performed at least part of its planned burn before the cameras cut out.

Speed and altitude data on the stream showed the rocket hit a maximum velocity of nearly 9,700 mph and continued to climb in altitude even after the malfunction, moving from 85 miles altitude when the fairing separated and last seen at around 140 miles altitude and climbing when data cut off on the video.

An Astra Space Rocket 3.3 launches from Space Launch Complex 46 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station on Thursday, Feb. 10, 2022.

An Astra Space Rocket 3.3 launches from Space Launch Complex 46 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station on Thursday, Feb. 10, 2022. (NASASpaceflight/Astra)

1 Like

SpaceX - Starlink Group 4-11 - Falcon 9 Block 5 Rocket Launch (spacelaunchschedule.com)

Launch List - Space Coast Launches

1 Like

Wednesday morning, I know I won’t be up to notify.

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

We have activated our launch operations support team in preparation for the SpaceX Falcon9 Axiom1 launch. Window: 11:12-11:22AM.

1 Like

Watched it from the commissary parking lot with all the other retirees :rofl:

3 Likes