25 years - A relaxing anniversary at Disney (11/30 - 12/9)

Have a great trip!

You picked a great week to go, right when the cold weather hit the midwest!

3 Likes

Quick! Are you supposed to tip the DME driver? I didn’t think to ask…but we are in line now.

2 Likes

I read yes on TP. LIke $1 per bag if he/she is pulling them out of the bus for you.

Yes! $1 per bag at a minimum

1 Like

Thanks, @dianelynn and @Julianne_fki!

Room is ready. Didn’t get our request, but I ain’t complaining. We should be there in 30 minutes or so. About to leave on the DME.

4 Likes

Happy to help. We typically tip at the end of the ride, not when the bags are being loaded, but when they’re unloaded. Have a great trip!

2 Likes

Dang it… I got so excited that you are there I forgot NOT to heart :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Glad you landed safely. Hope you enjoy the evening…(scrolling up to check the nifty spreadsheet)…at Contempo and GF. :grinning:

1 Like

Working really hard, too! So unnatural…

1 Like

Room 7423…here is our view. Quite pretty!

And for @drvillarejos…here is the hair dryer. It actually is quite nice. Not sure if other rooms have the same one. It got very hot!

13 Likes

Heading out now!

18 Likes

Have a fantastic time! So glad you are able to keep your trip and it’s off to a good start!

Thank you! Im at swan and found pics, they look sufficient.

1 Like

Just missed you, I am having dinner at Cali Grill.

1 Like

Have an awesome time!

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a fantastic trip. All those meals on your plan are making me jealous! Good luck!

Oh, and I’ll be hearting everything, #sorrynotsorry

15 Likes

@ryan1, fan or not fan of the BLT room set up? OR “how do you feel about the gallery area”?

Okay. We are back.

First went over to the Contemporary main building and looked around, including finding the 5 footed goat.

Then we took the monorail over to GF. That place is absolutely stunning! The Christmas decor was great, but even without it, it would be gorgeous!

Also looked at the shops there. Wife found a spirit jersey she liked, but decided after trying it on that spirit jerseys are better for youngin’s!

Next, back to Contemporary to eat at Contempo Cafe. My spicy chicken was meh (hint… it isn’t the slightest bit spicy), although the slaw was good. My wife’s turkey was delicious, though. We also bought a peanut butter tarts thing. It was good, but super sweet. Couldn’t finish it all.

Then we just walked around outside. Beautiful evening, though temps are trending toward chilly. Full moon over the lake was inspiring.

27 Likes

Wow. So close!

I will admit, the Bay Lake room is… underwhelming. It is severely dated looking…which is ironic considering it is part of The Contemporary. But it is nice enough. Definitely feels small. The kitchenette area is nice to have.

I do like the location, though. Although we can’t see MK from our room, we can walk to where we can see it easily enough. And we can walk to MK tomorrow!

9 Likes