21 days until we leave and I had my first pre-trip stress dream last night

We are finally getting ready to take our cancelled 2020 trip in exactly 3 weeks. I’m excited, and I’ve planned some fun extra experiences, but at the same time I feel very laissez-faire about making lists and packing - DS18 doesn’t even have a suitcase! After over two years of this awful COVID rollercoaster, I think that part of me isn’t totally convinced that this trip is really happening.

Last night DH asked me how my packing list was going and that must have triggered all of my secret fears.
In my dream I completely forgot to pack any phone chargers, not a single one. Then, I realized I had forgotten to book our first LL, and only remembered at 11, so I lost one of my opportunities. When I frantically opened the tip board, I hadn’t set up my preferred rides on “my day” so I was frantically scrolling, and my brain couldn’t seem figure out that the rides were in alphabetical order. I finally found Peter Pan, which my family requested to ride first, but it was already booked out to 10:50pm, which was too late and I was overwhelmed with crushing disappointment. My dream jumped to later in the evening and we were in our room at the poly and I realized that we had forgotten to go outside to watch the fireworks and they were over, cue second wave of crushing disappointment.

I just had to share this crazy dream, because I figured all of you would understand how stressful it would be to have a dream like that.

14 Likes

I have those crazy stress dreams too! Luckily nothing terrible ever happens on the actual trip.

3 Likes

That is just awful!! I felt disappointed for you haha. I understand that feeling of “is it really going to happen”? I think my excitement at planning my own trip is tempered (slightly) by that thought. Life is so unpredictable these days! It’s especially tough for people that like to plan, all of these unknowns, changes and setbacks.

2 Likes

I hear you. our trip is in 4 weeks less a day and I foresee at least two weeks beforehand having daily existential crises over our negative antigen tests that we need to enter the US from Canada. I’m putting us into a self imposed lockdown for 2.5 weeks prior.

Knowing myself, I would actually do all the things you dreamed about ABPlanning because I’ll be so focused on not getting Covid before we go. (Nevermind the non-refundable DVC my partner locked us into)

2 Likes

I feel like planning a Disney trip is all fun and games until the final month.

I can only imagine your stress level with having your whole trip depend on a negative test. I’m avoiding most people these last few weeks, not so much due to COVID, but because there are a ton of other nasty bugs going around. I don’t want to be miserably sick on my trip. I’m sure we catch something on vacation, but I’m hoping to at least start out feeling good.

3 Likes

I hear you. We’re in the same boat, we canceled the trip early in the pandemic, have rescheduled it several times, and are now finally going 10 days from now. It still doesn’t feel quite real after the last 2 years of pandemic craziness.

Based on your profile pic, I just have to say that the last month of planning a Disney trip is pressure like a drip drip drip that’ll never stop.

3 Likes

I’m excited for you, I hope you have an amazing time on your trip!

This is accurate! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

:joy::joy: :joy:

1 Like