2023 trip what do you think will be different?

Hey everybody! I realize it’s a little (or a lot) early to try to plan every aspect of my trip (Late Jan 2023). That being said I was hoping for some (hopefully educated) guesses about what we think WDW 2023 will look like.

I am assuming the pandemic will not be “over” or “worse” and of course that’s a variable that we can’t be sure of and would change everything. But assuming things keep going more or less as they are I figure things will be a little closer to 2019 style disney.

Dining plans? Are they back?

Character meet and greets can the kids hug the characters?

Guardians should be open do we think that impacts ride waits at DHS and MK?

Do we think Tron will be open?

What other changes should I be expecting or watching out for?

2 Likes

Chapek will make you buy a bus pass to use resort transportation

Early morning entry will be 15 minutes limited to a deluxe resort randomly chosen each day by one of the Epcot ducks.

Magicbands will charge your credit card on file to unlock your room

8 Likes

Dining plans? Are they back?

I give this a 60/40 shot of being announced sometime this year.

Character meet and greets can the kids hug the characters?

Some meet and greets are open already. I put hugs at 70/30 by 2023.

Guardians should be open do we think that impacts ride waits at DHS and MK?

Hopefully shorter waits at the other parks! But it will probably draw new crowds in, so could be a wash.

Do we think Tron will be open?

On the Disney Dish podcast, they say Tron could be in late 2022 or first half of 2023. So I’d put it at 30/70 that it isn’t open yet by January. I hope to be wrong on this one and that it is open! The speculation is that they want one ride (GotG) to open in fiscal 2022 (which ends 9/30/22) and one new ride (Tron) to open in fiscal 2023 (which begins 10/1/22) so it’s possible Tron could open in Oct-Dec 2022.

What other changes should I be expecting or watching out for?

Hopefully everything is pretty much back to normal by then, or at least whatever Disney intends to put back to normal? Fantasmic is opening later this year. The daytime parade is restarting in March. There’s not much else missing.

2 Likes

Nemo is reopening yes? Do we think it will be scaled down like FotLK? Do we think FotLK will go back to its former glory? What about all of the live performances in Epcot. Some are back already but more? Will we finally get the new China film? DuckTales or is that scrapped? Play Pavilion? Moana water thingy?

I’m also really hoping for Tron for Christmas season or I’m probably cancelling my NYE trip and putting that money towards Tokyo Disneyland 2023 for when Frozen stuff is open there.

3 Likes

Yes, Nemo is opening this year and I presume it will be full fledged, just different from the previous show. I expect FotLK to go back to normal by summer (just my prediction). Moana water experience should open this year, but maybe end of year, and who knows how interesting that will be. Looks like a diversion.

Not sure about the other Epcot stuff.

2 Likes

Cast members will not be fully returned. This will be due to Disney not offering a competitive wage. This will lead to lower quality CMs who do not understand “tradtions” and lack going above and beyond for the guests.

I doubt free dining will be back. I also don’t think dining plans will return either. Disney will find a way to charge you more for less of a portion and lower quality food sustitutes. They already spoke about doing this.

Ride maintenance teams will not be fully staffed. We will see this on stage with more attractions breaking down, being closed more often and running in B-mode. (Oh wait…that is already happening).

On site hotels will be struggling because all advantages for staying on property will cease to exist. As a last ditch effort, they will change the pricing structure for park tickets. On site guests will see a price similar to what we are seeing now. Those off property guests will be charged extra for the same tickets.

Annual passes will change or be cancelled. If they change , they will implement a structure like ski cards. The first, third, fifth, seventh day will be included with the pass. All other days will be at a discounted entry price.

The GotG attraction will be dalyed because the movie will also be delayed.

Wow…I am pessimistic today.

I’m so happy all of these things are on the horizon. There was a moment there back in 2020 I was afraid the parks were a goner.

2 Likes