2022 Celebration & First time onsite stay... Teenage boys need 3 full size beds

Perhaps you’re referring to 2 bedroom villas in DVC - Disney Vacation Club. It’s possible to rent from the owner thru a broker, I think Dave’s or something similar. Or even Disney directly. 2 bedroom villas have a full kitchen, one room has a king and one has 2 queen beds, in a dedicated 2 bedroom. That’s the key terminology - dedicated 2 bedroom.

Maybe you could rent points and get a 2 bedroom suite at a DVC?

1 Like

(they are overall a little cheaper but apparently cost more money up front…they are who I use and so far very nice to work with)
and the other is

I find this useful for checking DVC availability so I don’t get hopes up and I know what to request DVC Availability Tool

So on

There is a " 2 Bedroom Suite" which seems available to rent. Am I misunderstanding? Is this only available through DVC?

This is a UK site, I wonder if I am seeing something different? Believe Beach Club is being refurbed next year I can’t see rates… but I had presumed this would be cheaper than two connecting rooms at the same resort?

2 Bedroom Suite

As per my original post, we’ve stayed off site 4 times in a row (Windsor hills & formosa gardens). We thought it might be a ‘treat’ to stay on site for hubby’s 50th birthday/retirement celebration.

Looks like it’s so…https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34515-d120251-r386388311-Disney_s_Beach_Club_Resort-Orlando_Florida.html

It’s just going to be cheaper to rent points at DVC if the cost is prohibitive it’s an option to look into. But DVC rental is non-refundable so get insurance.

That’s definitely not a villa (DVC) as it doesn’t have a full kitchen

Only Riviera and Saratoga for now. They are supposed to be replacing the sleeper sofas in all DVC eventually, but that will only be at the next full refurb. And Old Key West will be a challenge due to the lack of wall space.

My suggestion is somewhere like Bc or YC which have the day bed. Depending on the size of the 12yo. But I believe that is a request, not a guarantee.

1 Like

It has to be connecting to have a door between them.

But the problem is that they will never guarantee connecting rooms. So when booking yes, there will have to be an adult in each. If you then do get connecting rooms then you can have the boys in one and parents in the other.

You are correct, those are actual suites and not DVC. Not sure about the relative pricing compared to two BC or YC rooms. They also have them at the Contemporary, WL and GF. And Swan / Dolphin. Maybe others but they won’t be walkable.

Gran Destino at CSR have suites too and are cheaper than the deluxe so that may also be an option, but no walking or Skyliner from there.

You could also look into renting a 2-bed from DVC.

Honestly I would also look at the Disney Springs resorts, Wyndham Bonnet Creek are popular and a lot cheaper.

It was a pull out sofa. Full size bed size. More than enough for a 12 year old.

Plus we had a ton of space even over 2 rooms.

Actually I can’t even find that Dolphin double deluxe alcove room online anymore.

I would go with 2 rooms at the Swan/Dolphin especially if you want a room with a King. Other than DVC Disney can’t guarantee a king so yes 3 beds in 1 unit is a pretty rare thing at Disney and you’ll pay a premium for it vs. 2 room.s

Thanks so much everyone. It’s been really helpful.

I think I’m going to reserve a lakeside place on Windsor Hills as we’ve found one available for our dates & then I can see what I can come up with by calling Disney at my leisure.

I really like the idea of the two bed suite at the Beach Club. However they are as rare as hens teeth, expensive & it looks like Disney are nervous of the Beach Club refurbishment overrunning as they aren’t giving prices for any dates in second half of 2021.

So grateful for all your input.

2 Likes

It definitely is not for me, but nothing wrong with getting the whole bubble experience at least once!

1 Like

It really is selective. I won’t stay off site bc I don’t like driving into the parks and I don’t like not having access to restaurants and activities just a walk down the hall.
I would rent DVC before I would stay off-site in a house rental. It’s specific to WDW for me, bc I have rented houses through air bnb and VRBO for other vacations… But when I’m at Disney, I won’t. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes