So nice to have choices! Glad to hear you have the option to get an AP!!!
Can they really? That would be awesome. DH and I were discussing this the other day and I didn’t think we could renew.
Yup. Just needs to be within the usual month of expiration.
bit of a convoluted story, but I actually got screwed out of my AP refund and while they “fixed it” (it wasn’t really a fix IMO), this came up in the discussion with the CMs. And they confirmed several times that APs can be renewed, but not bought (yet).
Yes, I spoke w/ a CM last week and if you already have an AP you can renew it the usual way 60 days before expiration or up to 30 days after. We just can’t buy new APs… yet… I hope yet is a thing cuz my DH’s expired out of the ‘grace’ window.
OH, there is one way to be able to buy a new AP. If you are a current AP holder and you have a child that turned 3 since last March you can buy the 3 year old child an AP so they can accompany you on any park holiday.
my original expiration date was 6/9/20, which was then extended until ~10/4/20, but I ended up canceling it in August. So, I’d think I would be way out of the grace period, yet I was given the option to renew…not sure why.
Anyone who se AP expired or was cancelled during lockdown (or after re-opening but before the cancel deadline) can buy a new one. Call. They will tell you or call back if you are eligible.
Call them now!
well, I’m happy for you!!! Maybe I should try to reinstate my DH’s AP again?
I would try!
Hey take it! It’s encouraging to me to try to have my DH’s AP reinstated
I ended up making my husband call today. He was one of the people who cancelled during covid. The ticket line “hadn’t heard anything” but transferred us over to the AP line. They filled out a request and we’re now waiting for a call back. They said within 7 days. We’re leaving in 9 so I hope that we get an answer before we arrive!!!
Good luck!! It took them 8 days to call me back, so if you don’t hear in a few days, try calling407-939-7765 - that’s the number they gave me to call if I decide to renew. Hope it works out!!
Thanks, We’re leaving for WDW next friday so If we don’t hear anything by monday or tuesday we will certainly give them a call!
OK I’ve never been in a position where APs to Disney made sense.
Is it as shocking as it seems that Disneyland has cancelled the AP program?
(It seems shocking even with their neverending lockdown)
For those who have called and been told that they are eligible to renew their AP, how long were you given to decide whether to renew or not? Do you have to be prepared to decide and purchase right away?
You don’t have to make a decision right away, but I don’t know what the rule is for the time limit. For me, since I have a trip in march and would upgrade my 7 day ticket, the CM told me I could upgrade up until my last day of use of that ticket.
So hubby called back about getting a new AP and after 90 minutes, they approved the purchase for him. It should be “good to upgrade” when we hit the park next week (we originally bought him a 5 day ticket).
hooray for us and thanks for this thread or I would have never checked!
Liners for the WIN!
Did he have an AP before?
yes, and he chose to cancel when covid hit.
Thanks. That’s helpful intel