2020 Unofficial Guide Touring Plans Drafts

Really?!? Wow. I guess that makes me a senior then.

2 Likes

I will say though, my DH and my brother in law are both non-Disney people, and they loved meeting Mickey. My brother in law was even willing to wait for an hour to do it (thank goodness I got us a pass).

I think those of us who are children of the Disney renaissance era just can’t fathom going to Disney without meeting Mickey… even if we don’t step foot in any other M&G, there is something about meeting the mouse.

I second this! And even as a Disney fan, it’s not on my list of priorities for the upcoming trip. I think the level of dated is becoming less entertaining - particularly for a ride that can generate quite an uncomfortable wait.

1 Like

I wonder about including a suggested substitute for kids who are not ready for HM? Or perhaps include the tip about being able to ask a CM to skip the stretching room if little ones would be scared by that part of the experience.

Yeah, the opening-minute estimates for Pan were too high. I’ve asked the stats team to look at it. The FP is a kludge.

Is it worth including magic carpets of Aladdin on dumbo or die, if that’s the only attraction in that side of the park? We did jungle cruise, not carpets, as our only ride on that side, and pushing our double stroller back uphill to fantasyland through the sea of humanity along the moat was awful.

I thought about that. In a normal touring plan I wouldn’t have done it. In something called Dumbo-or-Die, I did.

3 Likes

I agree with Len on Jungle Cruise. No one in my family likes it. Dad jokes and puns, hard pass for us. My kid always looks confused like why is this supposed to be funny?? But when is the Jungle Cruise movie coming out? Lots of first timers are definitely there for the princesses and meeting Mickey. Adults meeting Anna and Elsa, I don’t quite get that.

2 Likes

My like is for not liking Jungle Cruise. I’m all for adults meeting Anna and Elsa if they want to. We’re all kids at Disneyworld.

1 Like

My fitting-in-TSI plan is for it to also be our lunch break on our first MK day. Either we’ll bring our food with us or pick something up from Pecos Bill or another nearby QS. Playing on the island was either my first or second favourite part of my first Disneyland trip at age 12 (competing with going on Matterhorn with my dad 3 or 4 times in a row with no line early Christmas morning – my mum hates heights and my younger brother was not into coasters then) and my kids watched a YouTube video exploring TSI and think they’ll love it too.

4 Likes

Ahhh, this is a good idea. Send me an email with this, please (so I remember it), and I might quote it in the 2021 book.

3 Likes

This is a great idea to put in the notes section. When DD was 5 she was overwhelmed enough with the whole experience she rediscovered her fear of the dark. In that case Jungle Cruise (even though there is a small dark ride element) became key!

2 Likes

One thing on Dumbo or die, Enchanted Tales with Belle and the Fairy Tale Hall can have suprisingly brutal waits. I was suprised to see Under The Sea instead of one of these. I totally get Tomorrowland Speedway, would rather wait twice as long in the other lines than wait in line for this!

Another plug for TSI. It may represent the only time I am relaxed in MK. I actually feel like I’ve left the madness.

They even had a photopass person on the island last time and she took so many photos of my kids and our family. She had great shots.

4 Likes

I have to be in the minority here, but I absolutely love Jungle Cruise! It’s one of my all time faves, and when we go in August for my DBF’s first time, that is the first ride I’m taking him on (doesn’t hurt that he’s a sucker for dad jokes and puns!)

4 Likes

I would not assume that people can get a FF+ for 7DMT. For people staying off-site, it is impossible to get. I have tried to get it many times and it’s never available.

I agree Len. And the numbers don’t lie.

It’s not impossible, I got it on 2 separate days when my sister’s family of 7 were offsite last July. Granted it’s not easy, but The Dibb’s FP availability page shows it is available 30 days from today for 4 people (they don’t search for bigger groups)

I’ve done it twice in my life, most recently in our 2016 trip. I kind of feel it is a “one and done”…although, I did it a second time and found the jokes mildly entertaining. BUT, I think the jokes would get old quickly if you do it too often. I mean, the “backside of water” joke is funny when you aren’t expecting it. But if you already know the joke, I’m not sure it’s funny any longer.

Yes. As a kid, I loved it. My kids also loved it. But, with how much time it takes, it is sometimes hard to justify spending time there UNLESS you plan to hit MK for more than a single day. Then, TSI is a nice break from the hectic feel of the rest of the park! I think we do TSI every time we go, though. And we always do a walk through Swiss Family Treehouse. It doesn’t take long, but it is cool to show ingenuity in action to the kids, particularly as they are hitting the 6-12 age range.

2 Likes

Yes. Definitely a MK Day Two attraction.