I’m working on touring plans for the 2020 Unofficial Guide. If anyone wants to follow along, I’ll post links to the plans here, along with the ideas behind them.
One-Day Touring Plan for Adults - We’ve added these attractions:
- Mickey Mouse meet & greet (4.4 star rating by adults, much above average)
- Festival of Fantasy Parade (4.4 stars, above average)
We’ve dropped these attractions:
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (3.64 stars rating by adults, much below average)
- Under the Sea (3.82 stars, much below average)
- Liberty Belle Riverboat (3.5 stars, much below average)
- Swiss Family Treehouse (3.3 stars, much below average)
The plan assumes advance FPs for 7DMT, BTMRR, and Space, and day-of FPs for Mansion. It also suggests looking for day-of FPs for Mickey and IASW, and notes the Pirate’s Adventure trick for Pirates FPs. According to our data, those day-of FPs should generally be available starting at noon.
Authors’ Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults - Similar to the standard one-day plan for adults. It omits it’s a small world and Mickey’s PhilharMagic in favor of more time for dinner. That should provide enough extra time to eat at one of the Magic Kingdom resort restaurants, and still make it back to the park for fireworks. It also works well for days when the park closes early for special events.
One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
We note that the average day at the Magic Kingdom is about 100 minutes shorter now than in 2015. If we want to allow for a decent mid-day break, we have to remove some attractions.
We’ve added these attractions:
- Princess Fairytale Hall meet-and-greet (4.8 stars rating by pre-schoolers, 4.5 for grade school)
We’ve removed these attractions:
- Jungle Cruise (3.8 and 3.9 stars, below average)
- Swiss Family Treehouse (3.6 and 3.5 stars, much below average)
- Tom Sawyer Island (4.2 and 4.2, average, but takes a long time)
- Country Bear Jamboree (4.0 and 3.6 stars, average and below average)
Dumbo-or-Die-in-a-Day Plan for Parents with Small Children
The only thing in Adventureland or Frontierland that made this plan is Magic Carpets of Aladdin.
One-Day Touring Plan for Adults (with Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure open)
Attractions added, either because they’re new or because of high ratings from adults:
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
- Awesome Planet film
- British Revolution in U.K.
- Serveur Amusant in France
- Voices of Liberty in U.S.
- Extra time to tour Japan
- Sergio the juggler in Italy
- Meet Anna and Elsa at Royal Sommerhus
Attractions removed because of low ratings:
- Journey Into Imagination with Figment
- Gran Fiesta Tour
- Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure
- Reflections of China film