2020 Resort / No Tickets Watch Thread

When did you get that email? We have DVC rental set up for September and I haven’t gotten anything about adding tickets. Thanks!

1 Like

The email I got was a response to one of the emails that I sent to their customer service. When I first called in to add tickets and was told no, the cast member seemed to be truly apologetic and told me to be vocal. She said to email, post on their blog, post on their social media… all of which I’ve done. Email and chat are the only ones that I’ve gotten any kind or response from though.

1 Like

Thank you - I’ll keep an eye out for info on adding tickets on the 28th

4 Likes

Yeah, my assumption right now is that we will be able to add tickets on the 28th. We shall see.

4 Likes

I am certainly going to try!

1 Like

I got through immediately this morning without waiting on hold, but that was the end of the magic. Disney World is still not selling stand alone tickets for 2020. No priority given for the reservation that I already have. No update on when to try back. :disappointed:

5 Likes

Bummer!

Thanks for taking one for the team and trying this am. Now I can go drink my coffee in peace without hold music in the background

3 Likes

I’m going to try dvc direct at 9am. I’ll report back.

3 Likes

sigh
Sorry to hear that. I’m sure it’ll work out fine but yeah, I think people who already had 2020 reservations should’ve been taken care of before this.

3 Likes

We had a family meeting about it last night. If it turns out we cannot get park tickets, we’re stuck paying for the room anyway (DVC rental), so we’ll buy Universal tickets and maybe try to get into Discovery Cove. I’ve always wanted to visit Discovery Cove anyway. In any case, they’re not getting my room back. It’s paid for and one way or another, I’ll use it. I’ll find a way to spend my money!!! LOL!!!

7 Likes

Not sure who you went through for rentals but ours is through Davids and it says on their website we will be able to use our points or 24 -36 months after booking date. I’m seriously thinking of rescheduling if covid numbers don’t calm down. Of course just bc I have points doesn’t mean I’ll be able to rent the same villa so I’m torn still…

I went through DVC Rental Store. They haven’t offered any options that I’m aware of unless Disney cancels the reservation.

You might want to double check that- I also went through David’s and wasn’t given that option. Because the resort is set to be open during my scheduled stay I was told my only “out” was to see if David’s could re-rent them. They weren’t even open to contacting the owner to reschedule into 2021 when I could buy tickets (my owner has a Feb use year so my options were going to rather limited in any event). They’re likely drowning in credits to spring customers so they have to draw a line somewhere.

2 Likes

Ok I know they are way behind in getting info out to renters what what I’ve read elsewhere it’s almost July and they’re contacting August people now. I will reach out to them and verify instead of waiting and being upset and stuck in case I misunderstood . TY!

2 Likes

For those of you following this thread- there’s a rumor about tickets possibly going on sale tomorrow (7/9). Nickysyme started a new thread if you want to jump over to it.

1 Like

Sorry I couldn’t find a suitable thread to post in and just wanted to get the message out!

3 Likes

Awesome! Thank you!!

I was able to get my tix and park reservation online this morning. YAY! Then I called about my All Stars reservation and got upgraded to Caribbean beach! Double YAY!

6 Likes

Great news!! And I’m sure it feels extra great when compared to all the yuck we’ve all been dealing with!

1 Like