2018 Week After Thanksgiving

I will DM with more details once I get home from work! It seems like there’s quite a bit of interest in a share just on this thread alone so maybe we can get something together.

I would be interested if our dates line up, We are looking to book for Dec 7-17th, but I have to wait and see if free dining is released before committing to our dates.

Those dates would work, so definitely check back in if you finalize your dates. You could also join the liner Facebook group for December 2018, as lots of people also organize memory maker shares over there. If you want more info in the meantime, let me know!

1 Like

My group of 10 went from 11/29-12/8 in 2017. We did a MVMCP on a Tuesday that was consistently rated as one of the “best bets” from multiple Disney blogs. It sold out the day of. More on that in a minute. Overall, the crowds were fine. I can’t really compare it to other dates simply because it had been years since my last Disney trip, but if you go in with the mindset that crowds are everywhere and you have a good daily plan, you’ll be fine! It was wonderful to see the holiday decorations everywhere - can’t recommend that enough!

Now that said, the MVMCP really felt very crowded since everyone gathers at certain areas. We had 5 adults, 5 kids & 2 double strollers so navigating the crowd was tough, as was getting a spot on the curb on Main Street for the first parade. HOWEVER - we had an awesome plan after lots of research and we accomplished everything we wanted that night. I would not go into MVMCP or even MNSSHP with any thoughts that your date will be a “slow” one - even week days sell out. So, just choose a Party night that works with your schedule and won’t give you a rope drop morning the next day! And consider yourself very fortunate if it doesn’t sell out! Also, if you are not as interested in characters during the Party, ride lines were very manageable even on a sold out MVMCP in my opinion, especially as it got later in the evening.

Regarding weather - we had perfect weather on our trip despite a cold front where we returned home to snow! The kids swam a lot and we rarely needed a sweatshirt or jacket, even in the evenings. It was shorts or light pants weather. However - friends of ours were in Disney 12/8 until around 12/14 and they had a cold spell! So it’s hard to anticipate - just keep watching as you get closer.

We will be traveling 12/7 - 12/15 and would like to get into a MM share group if there is any room

Are you all planning a memory maker share? My trip is short, Dec 4-6, but I am interested in a share.
Susan

I have been to two Christmas Parties there (one mid Nov and one the beginning of December). Both were busy enough they they turned me off to their special events.

That’s not to say I don’t think you should go. Just be prepared for crowds.

I was supposed to be going this exact week, but had to cancel due to a work conflict. Hoping you get nice light crowds! I’m definitely envious of the weather (we’re going in Sept/Oct now).

Wow, we are going 11/26-12/3! My crowd calendar has most days a level 2 or 3 for crowds but I have to wonder with so many comments and sold out hotels if that’s true?? I sure hope so. Never been at Christmas before. We bought tickets to MVMCP, I hope it’s not crowded. The park is only at a level 2 that day???

I have never started my own group was hoping to join someone’s, but if needed I will start one myself. I will keep checking this thread to see how it progresses

I’m also going to be there from 11/24-11/30. We aren’t going to the parks on the 24th, which looks to be a busy day, but the weekdays look light. I hope it stays that way! :crossed_fingers:

It looks like there are 7 people in this thread wanting to form a Memory Maker share. Did the group finalize something, and if so, was it with everyone? I am looking for a share to join.

I will be there Dec 4-9 and would love to join a MM share as well!

Will be there Dec 1-3 and looking for a share.

Me and my wife are also interested with MM share. We will be there from Nov. 24-Dec.3.