20 Years Later - A Disney Story

Yes! It also interferes with the ability to logically plot out all the steps needed to perform an action that most people take for granted.

If you’ve ever watched “The Good Doctor” you’ll see that the main character has 11 billion alarms set on his phone. It’s to remind him of everything he has to do. His brain just doesn’t automatically do it like ours do.

3 Likes

Not when it involves spiders :joy:

2 Likes

Normally spiders don’t bother me, but the kind I sometimes see down there are the bitey kind. :scream:

1 Like

Nasty! I’m scared to death of them.

1 Like

The Good Doctor has been must view tv in our house since first episode, because guess what the 17 yo is.

I’ve always thought DH was . . . well, not good at remembering. Apparently that not remembering is merely an indication of an other-ness we weren’t aware of. I’ve only just realized how handy alarms on his phone are.

Life (universe ?) is so interesting . . .

1 Like

Rats. Why’d it have to be rats

2 Likes

My oldest is Autistic, but would be classified as “high functioning.” This is somewhat of a misnomer, bc all it means is that he “seems” normal. All the issues are still there, and he’s aware enough to understand just how different he is… but not enough to qualify for the majority of the supports he desperately needs. My middle child is ADD, which is also considered neurodiverse. Youngest is Autistic (but at a more pronounced level), ADHD, and we’re still in the early stages of finding out the causes of his other struggles. DH is ADHD. I’m a neurotypical person who has learned to be hyper vigilant to help guide everyone else. :rofl: Which has turned into a bit of an anxiety disorder as I approach 50.

4 Likes

Yes. 17 yo and I had this discussion recently as they would be thought of as “high functioning” but there is still all that going on inside. Therapy has helped a lot with anxiety.

I’m interested to see what’s in store as we begin - in the fall of 2023 - to navigate adulthood and secondary schooling, whatever that might look like.

I love reading trip reports when your youngest goes to Disney. Regarding your incipient anxiety disorder there is one of DH’s favorite sayings, said in a really happy tone, “don’t worry about anything and nothing will be alright!”

Well, I’ll tell you that right now we are navigating finding a job and it SUCKS. Oldest is 22.

1 Like

Thanks for that. Hoping for improvement for all in the next few years. :expressionless:

40 minutes until boarding. This is my first flight with Precheck and what a breeze!

19 Likes

Precheck is awesome for certain

Eeeek! You’re almost home. :grin:

9 Likes

In line for DME. The line is long but moving.

4 Likes

Not a Disney bus :weary: Oh well.
This bus is going to I think he said FOUR resorts :scream:
Kidani, Jambo, Coronado, and All Stars. I guess I’ll be here a while. No distancing. I’m ok with it, but some people are clearly uncomfortable.

5 Likes

Rooms not ready yet. Hopefully soon!

21 Likes

One thing I’m gonna say and it’s minor, but…

This is the FOURTH trip in a row where the room wasn’t ready by 3 PM. I know, I know, it’s not guaranteed, but it’s getting a little old. I was hoping for a shower and fresh clothes before I head of to DS for dinner with @vcka , but now it doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen.

It’s been at different resorts, so it’s not one resort having issues. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to be annoyed when your room still isn’t ready by 5-6 PM.

16 Likes

1000% agree.

6 Likes

I agree too!!! Just parked in lime garage. See you soon

3 Likes

Line for virtual return on cookies :cookie: (not gonna hijack your thread much :wink:)

6 Likes