2 resorts one trip: on and off property

Hello! My family will be coming to WDW June 2016 to celebrate son’s graduation. We will be staying at a value resort on property for the weekend and then moving into an off property timeshare resort for the rest of the week. While we are on property, we thought we would take advantage of the Basic Dining Plan, since we would probably be eating at a table service to celebrate anyway. Does anyone have any advice for our trip? Is it possible to put a split stay into the touring plans trip planning program?
Thanks in advance!
Have a magical day!

How cool!
Unless you really think you would take full advantage of the dining plan - I may not take advantage of it. We only found it to be of value once. But even if you go with it - it is nice to have it already paid for.

Additionally - unless you REALLY want to stay on site - you may just consider staying off site the whole time. The values are usually more expensive on the weekend as well and for me I personally find more value staying off site for the same $. As you have a car - you don’t have to worry about the magical express.

YES you can do split planning - you just have “multiple” trips. I don’t think you need to do that for just switching resorts. We are doing a split between Universal and WDW and I did make two separate trips that back up to each other.

Thanks for the advice!

I find that more and more the DP can be a value if it matches the way you eat. Here is a calculator I have used in the past. http://www.distripplanner.com/

1 Like