2 Days at HS vs 2 Days at AK

We typically do 2 days at Animal Kingdom, and honestly haven’t been to HS in our past two trips, but this time we will definitely spend at least a day at HS… But the questions is, should we plan two days at HS instead of 2 days at AK. We have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. Is HS worth spending two full days with no park hopper?

That depends - how much do you enjoy Star Wars? If you’re big Star Wars fans, you could easily spend a day just at that area of HS, using a second day for most other things. Toy Story Land is great for 2yo and 4yo, and time will tell if MMRR is available to you or not. The Sunset Blvd thrill ride area won’t be for them.

Are you big fan of animals / animal shows and playgrounds? If so, spend your second day at AK.

We are actually having the same dilemma this fall for our two boys who will be 2 and 5. I think we are leaning towards two days at HS. We could definitely spend 2 days at AK, no question, but my DS5 is quite Toy Story obsessed and two days at HS gives us two rope drop opportunities for MMRR and SDD as well as more FP+ options. We really only need two FP+ at AK, KS and EE but will probably just do Na’vi as something else that DS2 can ride.

To me one day at HS is enough but I would say plan the HS day toward the beginning of the trip so you can decide while you are there which park is really better for a 2nd day.

2 Likes

I’d also consider how much your kids like characters vs. animals. We took DD4 and DS1 this January. DD4 was sort of luke warm on AK - she liked the Boneyard but there weren’t a ton of “rides” she could do and she wasn’t fascinated with the safari the way I hoped she’d be. She, did, however, get to meet Mr and Mrs Incredible, Frozone, Edna Mode, Mike and Sulley, Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Olaf, Woody, Bo Peep, Jessie, Buzz, and Mickey and Minnie at HS - and that took us two days for sure!

I would book FPPs as though if you’re doing 2 days at HS, but then wait and see how your first day at each park goes. With a 2 and 4 year old I imagine the only “hot ticket” your kids are tall enough for at AK is the Safari, and you could rope drop that.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s enough at either park to justify 2 days for kids age. Would you want to do another day at MK or EP instead? I can imagine HS being very tiring and stressful with little kids too. I thought it was pre-SWGE.