2 bedroom villa

Hello!
We are looking to visit the first week of December. I keep looking on-line for 2 bedroom, 2 bath suites (4 adults, 1 child)
and most Disney hotels respond with none available for the dates I am requesting. Can I book through Disney Vacation Club even if I am not a member?

Thanks in advance for you help. I appreciate your expertise.

If you’re not a member you can’t book through DVC. The first thing you’ll be asked for if you call is your membership number.

OKW and SSR are both huge resorts, and I would think there should still be 2 bed villas available. Having said that, I don’t know what proportion of villas are set aside for general booking.

Hope you find one.

Beginning of December can be tough for DVC since it is a lower point time of the year. You can try to rent points. There are a couple of options. Here is one.

Since the OP isn’t DVC then that won’t really affect her. As far as I know the number of villas available to book outwith DVC won’t change.

It might well be a cheaper time to visit and therefore popular, but DVC peak times doesn’t always correlate to general peak times.

I am suggesting that @Ann_Marie_Buell use one of the services where you use a DVC owner to rent a DVC unit by buying their points. It usually is a lot cheaper than reserving the room at a room rate through Disney. (See link)

Ah, I see what you were getting at now. Sorry, brain clearly not in gear!

I’ve just been onto the DVC availability checker.

The only resorts for full availability from Sun 3rd for 7 nights are OKW and SSR. Some others have 3 days in that week, some have less and some have none.
Oh and the Poly bungalows are free too.

You may find one of the rental companies have some availability where a member has already booked and is looking to rent it out. I would get in touch with them as soon as you can.

Have you considered staying offsite. Places like Bonnet creek is VERY close to Disney, but you will not get the perks for staying onsite. You would however get a kitchen.

Thank you for this link. I assume that people have used it and been satisfied with the results?

Yes, check out that one and this is anotheroption. Both are well know and lots of people use them.

We’ve used DVCrequest for the last 6 years. Very happy with them.