1st trip to Disneyland - hopping & fireworks question

Family is going to be in LA in March and going to do a day at Disneyland (we’ve been to WDW a couple times). Since we only have 1 day and want to try to do as much as possible, we are doing park hopper with Genie + and will pay for ILL when possible. As we plan, was hoping for tips from DL experts:

1. We are starting our day at DCA and will hop over to Disneyland Resort around 1pm. If we wanted to experience DCA at night also, is it doable, or does it take too much time to ‘hop’ between parks? How much time is spent during the hopping process?
  2. If we hopped back to DCA in the evening, can you see the fireworks show from DCA or do you need to be back in DL to enjoy the show?

I’m not an expert, but I’ve been planning for my trip in a week.

The parks are right across the esplanade from each other - very easy to hop back and forth.

I don’t know about seeing fireworks from DCA - but I do know they are only on the weekends. So that’s something to consider. I ended up buying a one-day ticket for Disneyland next Sunday to see them. (I have 5 day hoppers…but this would be day 6, and Disneyland only sells up to 5 days.)

1 Like

Not sure about the fireworks but yes, hopping is insanely easy. It will take you less than a minute to walk from one gate to the other.

2 Likes

There are parts of DCA where you can see the fireworks, though a lot of it will be blocked from most locations. However, you won’t be able to hear the music so it’s definitely worth it to be back at DL for the fireworks.

And I can confirm hopping is insanely easy. The hopping process is like 5 min total. The longest part is walking back down Main Street or from wherever you are within each park.

1 Like

We always do park hoppers at DLR crisscrossing back and forth multiple times in one day. I have yet to use Genie plus, but with max pass, we would have a fast pass in DL, and then a fast pass in DCA within the same time window, and could move fast between parks when needed- you could go from the back end one of the park to the back end of the other within 20 minutes, as long as the entry lines are not long.

2 Likes

I have gotten from SWGE to Incredicoaster in 12 minutes, but I was hustling. I think 20 minutes is a good moderate speed.

2 Likes