1st deluxe just upgraded to Boardwalk

Hello , I caught a 20% off discount for Boardwalk (1st discount ever) We have never stayed deluxe before. Any advice for Boardwalk so we can utilize our location to the fullest? Thank you

2 Likes

Oh man, my favorite spot ever! Love being able to walk to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios! (I HATE the busses)

We bought some pastries and milk and just had breakfast in our room every morning. We also spent many afternoons in our room with the massive rain the week we went. i just loved the ease of getting around.

HOWEVER, it shares busses to the parks sometimes with the Swan and Dolphin. Which was frustrating! We took a lot of Lyft and Minnie Vans to avoid the busses. I admit I am a spoiled princess who would pay for a private car service while out there, IF I could convince DH of it. Alas, he’s decided we can just rent a car and drive everywhere.

Baby steps I suppose.

But seriously, it’s just a wonderful location. We had a room close to the lobby. I have some health challenges, and they were very kind to accommodate us, our room was slightly upgraded AND ready by 10am. (We arrived about 7:10am)

IN face we fully intend to valet park there Tuesday morning, grab breakfast in the bar area and walk over to Hollywood Studios. :grin:

3 Likes

Wow! Great upgrade! Do you have park hoppers? What meals do you have planned?

2 Likes

Yes to hoppers , no to meal plan . We have 5 meals booked but we are really just grazers. I was shocked to get a discount during the holidays. We are staying from 11/21 to 11/28. I was booked at FQ and saw this so I grabbed it. I priced it out with no discount and I am saving over $900. We have never done deluxe so I jumped at it. Love the location.

2 Likes

We have Boathouse, Sci fi, Via Napoli, Rain Forest and 50’s . I am thinking of changing up some since I am now rearranging my days. What’s a good breakfast in Epcot? :smile:

I am thinking of Uber on our Animal Kingdom days

1 Like

I like to jump into EEp for most of my meals when I am staying at the Boardwalk area. You can only do that idpf you have park hoppers! Garden Grill in Epcot and Cape May at BC are character meals that have good breakfasts. Trattoria al Forno at BW is good too.

2 Likes

We like Akershus for breakfast.

1 Like

I was thinking of Trattoria for breakfast and snagging a candlelight procession seating with it.

2 Likes

We stayed there in April and loved it. Huge to have parkhoppers. We were there a week and probably ate at least 1/2 our meals in Epcot. Hopped over to HS for late rides before closing. Buses were fine when we were there. Only took Minnie vans twice (had planned for more), both times were mornings to MK to make sure we made our first fastpasses. Great location. We walked to HS the first day but then preferred boats after. Epcot was a very easy walk. Have fun!

1 Like

Thank you so much! Did you always have reservations for the Epcot eating or did you do quick service? By chance did you try Big River Grille?

We had ADR for via napoli dinner and Marrakesh lunch. We got same day seating for via Napoli lunch and nine dragons dinner.
We just had nachos at big river grille on arrival day and were very disappointed.

1 Like