10 October What is your countdown today?

Morning everyone!

I can’t promise to start a countdown thread everyday, but since here in Brit land I’m at least 5 hours ahead of the US peeps, I’ll try to remember.

So what is your countdown? Mine is 116.

What snack are you most looking forward to trying? For me it’s the Peanut Butter, Banana and Candied Bacon Pie from Boardwalk Bakery. Yes, it’s a real thing, I haven’t made that up!

3 Likes

Looks good, doesn’t it!

5 Likes

Hi @Ellen1976 still friday here 8.40pm, nearly the weekend.
257 for us until disney. I’m going to try a dole whip and a lobster roll. Lobster is insanely priced here, so I always make sure I eat it at least once when I’m in the USA. I do like the look of that cake, i’m not a fan of peanut butter, but candied bacon is hard to pass by…

4 Likes

Hi @Ellen1976 and @Quattro4. 154 until Our sea/land trip. And 256 until our mega family vacation. The first is just DH and I. The second is with kids and the grands. Ooh, the cake looks yummy.

5 Likes

You must be there same time as us @lady1955 for your second trip :smile:

3 Likes

49 days and 8 hours to go! That’s a tough question I have a lot I want to try but I know I probably won’t get around to most of them with us having a lot of ADR’s. I’d have to go with either the customer made crisp rice treats from Goofy’s or the Jalepeno pretzel.

6 Likes

24 days! I think I’ve reached planning overload, because I can’t think of any snacks that I’m excited to try. I look at my list and just sigh. I’m sure I’ll change my tune once I get there though!

Maybe @brklinck can add his daily tips to the countdown thread? Kill two birds with one stone, if you will. I think it’s nice to have a daily thread outside of LaCava. (P.S. I miss your daily tips @brklinck, but I totally understand why you stopped posting them.)

4 Likes

97 for me! Woohoo! And I think I need to try the caramel roll with marshmallow cream from Karamell-Kuche in Germany… I’m a sucker for anything marshmallow. :grinning:

5 Likes

I agree, it’s nice to have a thread that is really easy for everyone to join in on. I think one of the first threads I posted on in lines chat was Steve’s countdown.

Oh, you are going to be there during F&W aren’t you, you must have a long list - I know I would have!

5 Likes

It is very long. I also have a list of food items that are always available. I should revisit my lists today and narrow them down to something I can really do in 4 days.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! We’re at 68 days to go! Getting excited! Looking forward to maybe trying a Dole Whip and a Jalapeno pretzel for the first time! Love the homemade ice cream cookie sandwich too! Yummy! Your snack looks awesome @Ellen1976! It is so hard to choose!!

4 Likes

Those are my 2 favorite treats in WDW!

3 Likes

My countdown is 20!! I am looking forward to trying many things at F&W.

2 Likes

I saw a video once of someone having them dunk it in white chocolate and roll it around in oreo’s and then drizzle more chocolate on it and since then I can’t get it out of my head lol.

3 Likes

I don’t even like Rice Krispy treats in real life but the one I had with tiny Reese’s Pieces all over it is one of the best sweet treats I have ever had.

4 Likes

42 days to WDW, 43 days to a carrot cake cookie, 44 days to a cronut, 46 days to an ice cream cookie sandwich, and 47 days until a Dole Whip with rum… :smile:

8 Likes

88 days until Pop. We usually end up with a Mickey ice cream bar as a snack, but I want to try something new next trip. I’m sure it will have chocolate as the main ingredient! If we go beyond snacks, I’m most looking forward to eating my Margherita pizza at Via Napoli. Yummy!

4 Likes

You sound like me lol. Oh wait I think Cronut may even replace the one’s I have listed above!

2 Likes

I really like your list, carrot cake cookie and Cronut are pretty high on mine too!

1 Like

A maybe 57 day countdown, plan are still in the making so I will cross my finger!

4 Likes