10 day trip...Am I crazy?

Hi,
I have an old college buddy who goes to Florida every march to spend a couple days at Disney World and then watch a spring training baseball game. I thought it would be fun so last year I joined him and we did 4 days at the parks. This year we are doing the same thing but since my daughter is graduating from high school I thought it would be a fun father/daughter trip too! So I fly down with her and do 6 days and then she flies out and my buddy flies in for 4 days. So I will be there for 10 days out of 12 in the parks. Any suggestions to survive or does anybody think I’m just crazy and should call it off. (well I’m not going to do that but…) Anyhow love to hear from somebody that has done a long term trip there. I grew up going to Disneyland, maybe 10 days isn’t that long for Florida.

Guess I should talk a little about the trip. We will be staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort in a water view room. We stayed in Jamaica, next to the bridge to Old Port Royale. Seems like the perfect spot to get to the front buses and close to skyliner station. My buddy likes to do magic kingdom first day and although I wouldn’t necessary pick that one first it is probably a good way to start the trip. I’m an epcot fan. Although future world (or whatever the front part of the park is called) is a mess. I’ll book meals at (in no particular order) the Brown Derby, Rose and Crown, Biergarten, The Seas, Tonys and Skipper’s cantina. I’d love to get into the bar at space 220 but I hear that’s a tough one to get. Last year we went to trader sam’s at the Poly so I could get the nautilus mug but they were sold out!! So that is back on the list for this trip.
Thanks!

10 Likes

It’s not that long. All our trips have been 2 weeks. It’s not really long enough.

10 Likes

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy your trip! I love the father daughter and then friend segments. Since the trip will be divided, ‘thematically’ I think any weariness will be avoided. The longest we’ve stayed has been 10 days and we are woofed by the end.

5 Likes

10 days of full park days is a lot

10 days with some days full days but other days partial days is not bad

But 10 days either way is almost a perfect length for a trip.

Almost.

Do it!

8 Likes

Welcome to the Forum! I was there in July/August and spent 16 days between WDW and UOR and didn’t really find it to be too much (except maybe on my wallet, holy crap that was an expensive trip with all the onsite hotels). The first 5 days were jam packed with friends/Liners from here and then I had one day of rest before my kids (18 & 20) arrived that evening. We then spent 2.5 days at UOR and 7.5 days at WDW. We did take it slower, lots of sleeping in as my kids prefer that. But no, I don’t think you are crazy at all. Have fun!

8 Likes

Oh yes! Where are my manners?!

Yes, welcome! :smiley:

6 Likes

I’ve done several 10 day trips and it’s really nice to have so much time to spread out all the must dos and also give you a chance for repeats without running yourself ragged. Welcome to the forum!

7 Likes

Yes you are crazy, and if someone says I’m saying that because I’m jealous, they would be 100% right!

I’ve only done 3-4 day trips with my family, we even did a trip with 2 park days, and I would love to spend something like 7-8 days to take it more easy. I think on this forum 10 days is much closer to the norm :smile:

if I had 10 days though, I wouldn’t do all park days. I think you have a big perk in going with two different people which I imagine will be two very different experiences!

7 Likes

My DS and I did 10 park days last Jan. It was great! We didn’t always do full days but the weather wasn’t great for enjoying the pool so we went to parks 10 days straight with lots of hopping. I thought I would be full of aches and pains but I was fine. My feet were sore but we started switching shoes mid-day towards the end of the trip which helped a lot. We did walk over 100 miles in those 10 days so I would definitely be prepared for all the walking. It was a lovely trip. We didn’t need much in terms of planning because there was so much time to fit so much in and it made the days so relaxed in terms of touring.

6 Likes

We’re gonna g for 10 nights but 1 rest day and 1 water park and a day at universal. We’re also not staying all day. It will help make it more relaxing bu spreading it out. Just don’t go full days.

3 Likes

I have done 12 days, and it never seems to be enough. We also don’t do full days. We take lots of breaks. We might only do half day in the parks, then something else the rest of the day. (My last trip - our break day- was just going to Epcot to ride GOTG)

7 Likes

I did seven days with my husband and it was awesome. We spent every afternoon napping and swimming (we were at Beach Club). We also had a very fancy dinner (Victoria and Albert) and walked over to Epcot for Food & Wine several
Nights .

We also did a special lunch (Eating with an Imagineer, don’t know if it’s back) and ate lots of ice cream at the Boardwalk.

4 Likes

The longest I ever did was 9 nights. We spent some time doing non park stuff, e.g., surrey bikes, pontoon boat, carriage ride, parasailing, golfing. There’s a lot to do outside the parks. Most recently, I spent 7 nights. It felt perfect and I didn’t have the sad (I’m leaving) feeling. Sounds like you have the perfect mix of quality time with your daughter and hanging out with your friend.

Welcome to the forum. :tada:
I hope you understand that now that you have asked the question - you are required to post a trip report. Either during or after your trip. Thems the rules. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10 Likes

:100:

6 Likes

For our family of 6, we preferred a 10 day ticket on a 12-14 day trip - two travel days and two rest days to do non-park stuff. Our shorter trips have been 8 park days and we never felt like it was quite long enough!

But. In 2016 it was just my husband and me and a 6 day ticket, which was more than enough. I realized that the less people you have to please, the faster you can get stuff done!

However. This upcoming trip is also just my husband and me…but we’re doing 10 park days (one on arrival day, so really a half day) with one day off in the middle. There is a lot of new stuff to do/see (our last trip was 2019 plus it’s our first December trip so all of the Holiday stuff is new to us) and we’re older now so I want to take a slower pace.

All that said - 10 days is NOT too long as there is so much to do/see. Have a marvelous time!!!

3 Likes

Just got back from a 9 night tip with 9 day PH, Genie+ for length of stay. It was just right. Did what we wanted to do, ready to leave the last day.
In April we did an 11 night trip with 10 day tickets with Genie+ length of stay. Just right for me, DD, DGDs, too long for DH and my son in law.

Welcome to the Forum.

3 Likes

My trip last summer was 12 park days over 14 calendar days with 3 UOR days (including one at Volcano Bay), 9 WDW days, and one resort day in the middle. We usually either did an afternoon break, an early night, or a late start, but our days were otherwise pretty packed. It was crazy. But amazing.

So absolutely go for it, if that’s what you’re wanting to do. You can always change things up if you’re not having fun. Doing a little bit of parks each day can be fun, too. You might want to have at least one resort day or at least evening-only day in the middle to refresh.

5 Likes

I thought I would do a Live because I love those but man how do you all
Do that??? I felt so busy all week!

5 Likes

Ok so prep has been done and we are a month out. I’ve booked our meals. along with those mentioned above I booked my daughter and I at sci fi diner and the prime time cafe. Amazingly enough I was able to also get reservations for the space 220 lounge for both my daughter part of the trip and my buddy and my trip. We are using mears for the transfer so any insight into how that works (how does pick up work) would be appreciated.

3 Likes

Transfer from where to where?