1 Night/No Parks Recommendation

I am flying down the night before my Disney Cruise and can’t decide where to stay. Will be going to Disney Springs for part of the day & am wondering if I should stay at the All Star Movies (accidently deleted my original reservation for a standard room, so this would be a preferred) or “treat myself” and stay one night at Port Orleans French Quarter (garden room is the least expensive)? The plan is arrive mid-morning, so wouldn’t be at the resort until like 11:30am or so, check-in, then head to Disney Springs for lunch & wander around. Head back to the resort to relax (maybe grab a nap), then head to O’Hana’s for a late dinner & watch the fireworks from the beach. Is it worth about double the rate to stay at POFQ for one night or should I save that $$ & just stay at the Movies?

Check-in time isn’t until 3:00 pm (although SOMETIMES can be sooner).

1 Like

When is this?

You’re closer to DS at POFQ, and maybe the ferry will be running again, in which case I would 1000% say do it

I think POFQ is much nicer overall and would probably be worth the splurge anyway. You mention relaxing at the resort and I think it’s a far nicer resort to do that.

But if you’re trying to be budget-conscious, ASMo will be a place to sleep. I just don’t love the AS resorts and prefer not to stay there unless it’s last resort or I’m really pinching pennies

2 Likes

I like ASMo and if it’s just you… then a remodeled room would be good. But POFQ does have beignets and OBnurse is right about the boat to DS… if it’s running.

2 Likes

I generally prefer splurging on room type rather than resort, when given the choice - especially if I’m about to be in a cramped cruise cabin for the next few days, I’d choose wherever you can have the most space.

1 Like

oh… well ASMo remodeled as 2 queens w/ one as a muphy bed sooo lots of room. POFQ probably has K rooms and then their standard 2Q. Their food court has beignets though. And a serpent slide in the pool

1 Like

This would probably be a case where I opted not to be in the ‘disney bubble’ for an evening. The Hilton is right across the street from disney springs, and the Wyndham, Holiday Inn, and B Resort are all just slightly farther walks. You’ll probably get a nicer larger room for far less money.

3 Likes

This is a good point - especially as this is a no-park visit - but would preclude use of DME which may be a factor for OP

2 Likes

Unless they are traveling in 2022 of course.

1 Like

If the room is ready, great. If not, then I’ll check my bags & get them later

End of October (after the reopening date) this year

1 Like

Not renting a car, so relying on DME to/from airport & resort

3 Likes

I would do POFQ with the hope that the boats are running to DS.

We did a 1 night, no park, post cruise stay at Beach Club once…it was glorious. While it was definitely a splurge, it was a perfect way to wind down from the cruise and the kids loved hanging in the pool. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Stay at ASMo, use the savings to buy a park ticket. I cannot contemplate the idea of staying at WDW and not visiting a park. It hurts me to think about it.

1 Like

Not going to the park was very difficult for me…but I survived! :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes

Did you though? Or are you now just a shell of your former self? Empty, yet filled with regret.

2 Likes

I would do ASMo and also get an after 1 or after 5 convention ticket for that night which will be cheaper than the cost of FQ. I also cannot imagine not popping into a park for at least a few hours.

1 Like

I booked ASMovies preferred room for the two nights before my cruise and DGT for after. Flight lands at 7:25 AM on Saturday and we plan to hit Disney Springs for brunch and then hit the pool later. We will not do any parks and I’m excited about that. Cruise is beginning of October. I have looked at possibly moving from ASMo to somewhere else before the cruise but there’s almost nothing available and I’m splurging on GDT after. And I added mixology class and stem to stern wine tasting on the cruise.

3 Likes

Sounds wonderful