Wizarding World - 1 Day Touring Plan is Confounding Me!

@rebeecky - yes, we are going to Diagon and Ollivander’s first - see my part 1 plan! LMK if you have any other comments on the plan. DD just made some custom Chuck Taylor’s as her Christmas present with HP drawings on them to wear with her robe/tie, etc. Have no idea what Shutterbuttons are - I shall Google when I have a moment! Did you do the Hogwarts separate tour? Do you feel it was worth it, or was just waiting in queue for Forbidden Journey sufficient? Looks like the wait is 45 mins, so I thought that might be enough…

If I remember correctly, I believe the queue at Ollivanders in Diagon Alley also moves more quickly because there are three rooms instead of one.

2 Likes

Whoops! Sorry, I didn’t look at your plans!

Shutterbuttons is a video that you and your family can do at a store in Diagon Alley. You stand in front of a green screen, and the photographer narrates a scene. When it is all said and done, you get a video that looks like the moving pictures from Harry Potter. Here is a link to the one my family and I did so that you can see what it’s like. It is kind of pricey, but an amazing souvenir for HP fans. https://photos.app.goo.gl/vC9UR6WfbmTgbo4I3

As for Forbidden Journey, the last time I went, I just went through the standby line and tucked myself into a corner in any room where I wanted to see a full show. People just moved around me without any problem. I don’t think it’s necessary to do a separate tour, and I’m not entirely sure that it’s available all the time, either. If at any point, you decide to get Express Pass, be aware that the Express Pass line bypasses quite a bit of the castle and you will miss a lot.

3 Likes

WOW!!! What an amazing family memento! Thanks so much for sharing. And I must say, you make a superb Serius Black! :grin:

LOL! Thank you! That day was actually my 40th birthday, so I got the honor of being the outlaw wizard!

1 Like

You can also go into a store in one of the HP world’s at least and get some HP currency/money that you can then spend in the park like real money. There is some nice acting in there. I’m sure someone can explain it better than I can as I’m not a big HP fan and we didn’t buy the HP money but we were in there at the time someone else used their card to buy the money

Also I’ve not checked your plan but in case you don’t have it you MUST get the ice cream from the HP ice cream parlour. It’s amazing.

Sounds like you are going to have a great day

Remember you also need to go on hogwarts express in both directions as it’s it’s different story inside the train one direction to the other

Is there a HP touring plan on the site? Or do people just make up their own?

Is this what you’re looking for? New Universal Orlando Wizarding World Two-Park Touring Plans | TouringPlans.com Blog

Yes - there is the Wizarding World One-Day/Two-Park plan (in two parts):
https://touringplans.com/plans/1144171 and
Wizarding World One-Day/Two-Park Plan PART 2

1 Like

Thank you!