Wilderness Lodge Renovations

We were at WL back in December and although construction was happening we barely noticed it. Our T/A told me she is “not recommending Wilderness Lodge this year due to the extensive renovations”. From what I understand it is pretty confined to the quiet pool/beach/playground and some of the wilderness exploration trails. Not inside the hotel at all nor is it affecting the boat service to MK. Anyone been recently and have any feedback on it?

Been trying to book WL from UK thru V holidays but no joy for any dates I chose in 2017 even up to October :frowning: this was online only… Thinking of trying GF instead

I just booked a w bedroom villa in WL for Easter. I am concerned about renovations. Anyone stay recently that can comment. Also about bus situation. We usually stay in boardwalk area but looking for something different. It will be me, DH DS17, DBIL, DSIL, DN16. DSIL is holding a tree house villa also. It looks great but seems so far from everything. Opinions please

I stayed there in October for the first time. We had a wonderful time. The resort felt empty - quiet and peaceful. The biggest inconvenience was the main elevators were down and we had walk a bit for a single, side elevator. Some of the floors in the upper lobby were walled off, but it is done so well that you don’t notice unless you are looking for them. The lobby was still amazing. The running/walking trails were closed, which I’m sure are lovely but we didn’t miss them on this trip. You can see construction of the DVC villas from the boat to MK – I thought that was neat.

In short, I recommend staying at WL. I got a great rate at WL and we really enjoyed our stay.

ps - the buses seemed find to me. we used, and loved, the boat to MK. busses every where else were fine.

UI jreceived the following email last week:

DISNEY

January 2017

Dear,

We are excited you have chosen Disney’s Wilderness Lodge as your vacation destination and look forward to sharing the magic of the Pacific Northwest with you.

We are pleased to share our latest addition, Geyser Point Pool Bar & Grill, will be open during your stay while Roaring Fork, our quick service food and beverage location, and Trout Pass Pool Bar will be closed for refurbishment. Please be aware of the alternative quick service dining options that will be available for your enjoyment:

Geyser Point Pool Bar & Grill will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as specialty cocktails, beer and wine. The menu offers a variety of items, including hot breakfast entrees, a gourmet burger, sandwiches and salads. Kids' meals will also be available.

Territory Lounge is now offering a continental-style breakfast featuring gourmet coffees, pastries and a yogurt parfait.

Additionally, refurbishment work will continue taking place throughout the Resort. To ensure you are best able to plan your visit, please be aware of the following impacts:

While we work our magic, you will notice construction in all areas. Noise may be heard throughout the Resort while this work is being completed, but rest assured, noise should not be heard from inside your Guest room until after 9:00am daily. Views of the surrounding wilderness may be altered and certain pathways, including the nature trail, will be unavailable. The new balance® RUNNING TRAIL will remain open for your enjoyment.

The leisure pool, Hidden Springs Pool, at Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, will be closed for enhancement along with the beach, marina and playground. During this time, Silver Creek Springs Pool, the feature pool, will remain open for your use and alternative recreation activities at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney's Contemporary Resort will also be available to you. Boat transportation to Magic Kingdom® Park will continue to be provided, weather permitting.

We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience. If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent listed on your confirmation letter. If you booked your stay through Walt Disney World® Resort or have general questions, please call 407-939-1810 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).

Thank you for being our Guest. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Sincerely,

Thea Sargent
General Manager of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Funny that copied wierd but I think you can get the gist of it. I arrive Feb. 24th.

When I open what I pasted it show the whole text but it is not viewing correctly - new update to the forum?

I can second all of this! We stayed November 28- Dec 3rd and it was SO nice. Resort felt emptier and quiet/peaceful like we’ve always felt that time of year at WL. They did a great job of camouflage kind of blocking off the section of rooms being worked on and we never noticed construction before 9am or at night.
In short, I would absolutely recommend it as well! It was minimal to no impact.