Why such a difference in Crowd predictions

Fred should have something out in the next couple of days. We’ll probably do another update for 2016 within a few weeks after that.

1 Like

Len, your blog post is awesome! Love this kind of analysis!

2 Likes

Loved the article @len! You all have done so much work and we appreciate all that you guys/gals do! Thank you so much!

1 Like

swoon

1 Like

Thanks so much Len and everyone at TP. My WDW trip was a couple months ago, and I’m not currently planning anything new, but I got sucked into the reports of longer lines and bigger crowds and have been checking in daily ever since to hear what the data wizards would come up with. Fascinating stuff.

1 Like

Loved the post last night. Read it over dinner and geeked out. Agree with @DarthDopey - not felt this much anticipation since waiting for free dining.

I appreciate how you make the data clear and easy to understand and reading about the logic is interesting. Thanks!

1 Like

Great second post, @Len . Making us wait for the ‘main event’ until last- huh? :smile:

Here’s the link for blog number two for those interested:

What’s Up with Wait Times at Epcot? | TouringPlans.com Blog

1 Like

Animal Kingdom post goes up on Sunday (so we don’t disturb Derek’s Saturday Six schedule. He’s got a lot planned.). Magic Kingdom will be early next week. Also, I’m on a father/daughter road trip this weekend, so limited posting here. See y’all soon, and thanks for the feedback!

Len’s blog for the AK is up. Here is the link for those interested:

Although I enjoyed the AK entry, I cannot wait (even though we have to :smile:) for the MK blog- as the MK has a lot more attractions and is a much more complicated park than the other three to navigate and figure out optimal touring plans for. Excited to see all the different variables affecting wait times at the MK, @len .

1 Like

My week long Disney trip is happening starting on the 10th of November, will the updates be done by then? Getting kind of nervous that my plans won’t function very well as they stand right now.

will the crowd calendars be updating soon? I have a trip over Thanksgiving.

I just re-optimized a MK TP for Nov. 8 (this is a modified plan from noon - 7 p.m.) and the software re-ordered several attractions and wait times changed.

I have no idea if this means the crowd calendars are being updated, but I just wanted to pass along what I saw.

And of course, HUGE thanks and props to the brains and math people who make this all possible.

Let’s see if @len can help :blush: , Thoughts on when the crowd calendars for November will be updated? Or should we just start using the optimize button randomly like @lizzney22 ? Thank you for everything!

1 Like

It really should be within a few days. Fred’s got most of them done, and we’re going to go through them day by day to make sure they look reasonable.

Also, while we’re doing that, the regular updating of attraction estimates is happening in the background. They’re related, but don’t end at the same time.

So it’s always a good idea to optimize and print one more time the day before you leave just to make sure you have the most updated info :+1:

Was just over on the blog site- and this posted yesterday:

The charts are really interesting. The one for the past two months is- well- just crazy. We leave in exactly 30 days- hope my TP hold up once these wait estimates are updated :smile:

Question @len . You mentioned Disney’s earnings call. Are you guys on that call, and if so, how do they handle Q&A. I used to work for one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world- and at the end of the call there was a short Q&A to get pointed questions answered. Does Disney give that same opportunity?

They do accept questions on the calls. They also accept questions in the days after.

Fred should have updates out shortly for your dates. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Latest blog post says that calendar updates should be out within a few days. Do you guys have a calendar date that you are starting with? Just trying to figure out if dates for my vacation will be included or if I need to find alternate planning tools for my vacation. Thanks!

For those that don’t frequent the blogging site and are interested, Len’s latest blog on this issue has been posted. Enjoy :smile:

Breaking Down Disney World’s Q4 Attendance | TouringPlans.com Blog

1 Like