What's your favorite bit of Magic you have at home with you?

I have a Christmas ornament for myself, but I love seeing what my girls pick each time. I buy them one thing each trip, but last time they brought their Christmas and birthday money. They bought a bunch of sets of clip-on dolls, which was what all the stores had big displays of at the time, and they spend hours upon hours playing with them. It makes me happy to watch them playing with them and hopefully remembering our trip too.

May sound strange, but I bought a set of those silicon rubber ice trays, so I have Mickey ice cubes all year.
ā€¦and definitely mugs, got lotsa mugs.

will

2 Likes

I know this wasnā€™t purchased in the parks, but my future SIL just got me this as a gift for my wedding in a month :blush:

5 Likes

Congratulations! And thatā€™s really cool.

Are you going on a Disneymoon? :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m more interested in what my kids are going to buy. Theyā€™re at a perfect age to learn budgeting. Iā€™m going to give each of them a decent amount of money to spend and tell them thatā€™s all they get. So I wonā€™t get any ā€œDad, can I havesā€ and theyā€™re forced to think things through. I canā€™t wait to see if they blow it on day one or if theyā€™re so scared of wasting it that they donā€™t get anything or if (hopefully) itā€™s somewhere in between.

For me, I want Christmas decorations and photos more than anything. The one thing Iā€™ll splurge on is a really nice snow globe

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget - snow globes cant ride on the planes with you, I dont thinkā€¦well, except small ones. Hereā€™s the info:

https://apps.tsa.dhs.gov/mytsa/cib_results.aspx?search=snow%20globe

Wouldā€™ve never thought of that. My hope is that it would be packaged properly enough to go in checked luggage. If worse comes to worse Iā€™d just take it to a UPS store and ship it to myself

1 Like

I love starting my day with one of my Disney mugs with my morning coffee, and reading a post or two in TP! We also have purchased food stuffs from Epcot World Showcase. For the last 3 years in a row weā€™ve purchased salt from Italy, and herbs from France. We use them almost everyday in cooking. Itā€™s a simple thing, but every time I grind salt into something Iā€™m eating I think of Epcot. Great post @cowanfamily4!

3 Likes

Ah! Itā€™s true about snow globes! I bought one at Christmas when I visited my mom and packed it in my carry-on. Bad idea. Luckily, my mom was there to take it back home again. I brought packaging with me this previous visit and put it in my checked luggage.

If you decide to buy one, Disney is very good about packing stuff, but if you have a ziploc bag, maybe also put it in that, too.

Think my favorites are a coin and keychain I bought on my first trip when I was 11 in 1976 - during the Bicentennial Celebration.

1 Like

Thanks for the idea - my husband is a fantastic chef - weā€™ll be shopping for salt and herbs in World Showcase very soon!

1 Like

I was 17 on my first trip - I bought a pinata that I promptly filled and smashed at a frat party in college!

I like your souvenirs better!

1 Like

Not sure yet haha! We keep saying we need to experience other places, but all our conversations end with Disney, so weā€™ll see!

1 Like

This isnā€™t a Disney product, but Bath & Body Works ā€œSea Island Cottonā€ wallflower smells like Pandora to me. My wife changed out the plug-in a few days after we got home, but I didnā€™t realize she had done so. I thought I was imagining things because I kept catching the scent. I finally asked and she told me what it was. We jokingly called the Pandora smell, ā€œflora chloraā€ and this plug-in smells just like that!

3 Likes

Well we have the plethora of mugs as well and also our Christmas tree which is solely Disney sketchbook ornaments but I think my favorite thing is the one and only Mickey Mouse who keeps our ears safe. Iā€™m lucky enough to have a spouse who supports my Disney habit so we have a room completely devoted to Disney. Itā€™s my reading room really. Sitting in there and looking up at Mickey makes me feel so at ease.

2 Likes

I LOVE That!!!