What's for breakfast? Need big breakfast ideas

I’m looking for breakfast locations. I did some searching, and it turns out that Kona Cafe is very popular. The Tonga Toast in particular. WELL - I looked it up, and it is a major no go for me. I’m allergic to cinnamon, and the Tonga Toast as it turns out is rolled in a cinnamon coating. That’s death on a plate for me. I know they have other things, but is it worth it if you’re not getting the Tonga Toast?

My family does enjoy big breakfasts when we travel. It’s pretty much how I get DS moving in the morning - the promise of a hot cooked breakfast. We’re staying at YC and the GF, and will hit MK, AK and EP at least 2x and HS at least 1x.

I only have 2 breakfast ADRs (a pre RD BOG and a ROL TH) I’d like to get 2 or 3 more and we can wing the rest. Suggestions?

I don’t ever eat the Tonga Toast, FWIW… I dream of the macadamia nut butter-pineapple pancakes they have there instead!

Staying at YC, Cape May Cafe is a great breakfast buffet option right at your resort (they have a crepe station, and Minnie and her beach friends characters), and you’re an easy walk to Epcot so Garden Grill is a good breakfast (with Farmer Mickey and friends) there.

I agree completely with the macadamia nut pancakes! It is a quick walk from GF.

The Wave does both a buffet and a la carte breakfast so can suit different needs, saves paying for a character buffet for someone who just wants eggs and toast say.

We have enjoyed that, especially a late breakfast when not wanting to go straight to the parks. Also you don’t necessarily need a reservation if going later on. We booked the night before but could have walked up at 9:30 to 10:00 around New Year.

If you can get it and depending on if you have fans of Tangled and Little Mermaid, try to book Trattoria al Forno’s Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast!. We are doing it in Dec and I think it’s our most looked forward to meal.

Macadamia nut butter-pineapple pancakes sound even better (and less deadly)! That puts Kona back on the list.

We’ve got Cape May the day we arrive. We get in @5:04 am. I figured DME gets us to the resort by 7/7:30am so I’ve got breakfast on day one there @ 9am

1 Like

We’re way more than eggs and toast. Well, two of us. DS and I. DH, depends how he’s feeling. DS and I however, we load up at breakfast then go go go until dinner. So we really like to fuel up.

1 Like

I just saw that BV breakfast about a week ago. It’s kind of what prompted me to post this. I realized, I’d worried so much about our dinners, and last time we really struggled for breakfast because I’d forgotten to plan for it. It really sounds like a blast. I’m going to keep trying though.

We’re going here as well in December and quite frankly, I’ll give up searching for BOG dinner since I’ve got this one. I’m a happy girl.

DD actually liked the menu options at Whispering Canyon at WL for breakfast, we’re going there on the first morning of our trip in December.

When you’re staying in the Epcot area, you might wanna try Garden Grove or Fresh Med at The Swan/Dolphin on one of your Ep/DHS days. Both have buffets. It’s an easy walk from YC, or the Friendship boat will drop you off at the walkway that connects the Swan/Dolphin. After you eat, you can hop back out to the boat launch and get dropped off at Epcot or DHS (or walk to either.).

Garden Grill inside The Land pavilion at Epcot is supposed to have a really fun character breakfast. I also second the suggestion to do the Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno over by the Boardwalk. It looks fabulous.

You may also want to take a look at Captain’s Grill breakfast menu. They have a buffet but the regular breakfast menu usually has some unusual items.