What do you wear? Do you worry about UV protection?

My DH really rates P20 too…he always uses for marathons etc. Particularly on his head (not much hair here!) and has never burned and he’s an easy burner.

1 Like

I am a pasty Scottish chap who has always struggled with sunburn - 30 minutes in the sun even in Scotland and I turn into a beetroot - and P20 is the ONLY sunscreen I have used that provides the actual protection I need. I have not burned wearing it, when applied correctly, and it doesn’t need reapplied. It’s a serious life saver and worth the investment.

1 Like

We all burnt using P20, and DH and the kids tan really easily.

I’ve read that staining is an issue with P20.

It did stain, but normal sun cream stains too I find.

I’ve inherited most of my Irish Dad’s genes and can get so white my friends have made believe I am invisible when we’re out on kayaking trips. :smiley:

So, quick product placement you might find helpful: last year I bought an LL Bean Cool Weave shirt and absolutely love it. While it has long sleeves, the material is super light and wicks moisture very well. If necessary you can roll the sleeves up comfortably and has a button to keep them in place. Excellent chest pocket with inner mesh and zip for quick stowing of sunglasses when jumping on a ride. Also, they are reported as UPF 50+.

I like collared shirts in the sun, since I find that I have the most trouble with the back of my neck getting too much sun when wearing t-shirts. I’ve worn these hiking in warm weather and I find they are much airier than most other shirts.

Not the cheapest shirt in the bin, by far, but I just noticed that some of the colors are on sale right now. I already bought a 2nd, now think I’m getting a 3rd for our upcoming trip! (Updated: I see the colors on sale are only in size Small. Blarg.)

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/88682?feat=589-GN1&page=cool-weave-shirt-plaid&csp=f

1 Like

Wow @missoverexcited that’s the first bad review I’ve heard of it but just goes to show that some things just don’t suit everybody. All about finding what works for you and sticking to it. :smiley:

It didn’t work for my sister and her family either. I got it because 1 of my friend’s was raving about it for her toddler because it meant she didn’t have to reapply. Never again!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I thought this link was handy–

1 Like