What do you want to see in the theme park chapters of the Unofficial Guide?

Love it.

Can we mention these in their appropriate sections, and provide links to the blog? I’m concerned about page count.

That sounds great!

How about a “Quick Start” guide and FAQ for the on-line TP resources and the Lines app?

2 Likes

Awesome!! This as a whole is one of the reasons why I love the UG, you guys are awesome!!

Thanks for bringing a smile to my day.

OK, this is in my update. Next stop: editor.

This is in my update, and Brian is working on posting it here to the forum for inspection. It’s What’s New in the Last 2/5/10 years, to save space.

1 Like

This is in my updates. Next stop: editor.

1 Like

I added the trip planning checklist/countdown from an earlier forum discussion. What should we add to that?

@len is there currently a section highlighting the big differences between booking a DLR and WDW trip? I was shocked how many DLR people we encountered on our last trip that were clueless about how much more involved planning is at WDW. Those poor folks showed up and bought their tickets at the gate and were disappointed to find out they couldn’t eat at Be Our Guest that night. Might be a nice overview for someone just browsing at the bookstore and upon realizing they can’t wait until a couple of weeks beforehand, might persuade them to go ahead and purchase. I don’t have mine here at work so I can’t check for sure and I can’t remember.

Are you talking about the planning timeline from Please check my WDW planning timeline ?

I buy a new copy of the book every year. I would love to see some indications of which paragraphs are new in the new edition. That would save me a lot of time, as I would only scan the older material and devour the new info each year.

Yes - that’s in the book now (with commentary).

We’re working on this! Not sure how it’ll look (or if it’ll work), but we started discussing the idea last year.

I’ll see what we can do on this. It was once in the book, then got cut for space.

Probably a bit late now but I would welcome more information on the various character interactions/meet and greets. I would also like to see restaurants and eating places labelled on the park maps. As already mentioned, a check list of attractions would be great. Thanks for a fab book, and your colour companion is brilliant!

2 Likes

I cannot speak for @len, but I would think character interactions change to easily to include in the book.

Check out:

for great information on characters.

@len - I forgot to ask - did you end up using my “treat WDW as if it is in a different time zone” for people who don’t want to get up early while on vacation?

1 Like

Yes, it’s in my updates for Part 2’s “Arrive Early” section. We’ll see if it makes it all the way through the process. Thanks for that!

As a Disney Newbie, I know I have been frustrated when I’m looking at the map of the MK and the rides aren’t listed by what Land they are in. It would make it a lot easier than having to look up where each number is and what ride it corresponds to.

3 Likes

Would love a small blurb on how each attraction line/boarding process ect…you know like standby line has stairs- moving sidewalks ect…

The accessible guide maps aren’t exactly user friendly and are geared towards ECVs and transfers…

Personally I buy the books for planning ever year-

3 Likes