WATCH OUT-- party Ticket FP on same profile as regular ticket FP

I canceled ours for party night but then re booked them! I am not sure what to do. Our last day of FP is after party and it is at Epcot so I guess I wait for any updates. Thanks!

1 Like

I still have my FPP also and have not received a warning email. I am just going to keep it as is and see what happens. I think Disney will have some very unhappy customers if they get rid of FPP with party tickets. I would question why we have to pay so much for the ticketsā€¦

1 Like

Sorry for being a bit late to this useful discussion. As per other years, I bought my party tickets in a separate MDE account and had the RFID enabled cards shipped. My intention has been to book 3 FPP at 30 days with the party ticket and already have 3 with my main account at 60 days. If I follow this discussion correctly, I may not be able to book FPPs with the party ticket. Is this right?

I wonder if the RFID enabled card would work for same day FPP at a kiosk?

Does friending the two accounts and using change party yield anything? In other words, suppose I used change party to move the FPP from my main MDW to my dummy MDE. Could I then book new FPP on my main?

Not correct. If party tickets are on a different profile most people are able to book FP. I did and mine have not been cancelled yet.

The majority of the issues are when party ticket and regular ticket are on the SAME profile.

1 Like

If MNSSHP tickets are linked to same account as AP does that allow of FPP to be booked during the 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm window only? We donā€™t plan on entering until after 4:00 pm on our MNSSHP night nor am I really interested in the hassle of creating a dummy account for four profiles.

Well I have updated my plan to remove the FPP that I cancelled. I can deal with a 7 minute wait for Dumbo. My day is predicted to be a 1. ONE?! Yes, 1. We can deal :wink:

Just thought Iā€™d add this that I have seen in the last couple of days.

Disney had replied to someoneā€™s query that a party ticket is NOT a theme park ticket and therefore is not able to be used to book fastpasses.

Their ā€œdefenceā€, if you like, for not announcing this as a change, is that they never were considered theme park tickets, implying that the ability in previous years to book fps on them was a loophole which has now been closed.

I appreciate this may just add to the confusion, since the system appears to allow fps to be booked, but is then later deleting them - for **some ** people.

1 Like

We travel in 8 days and are doing the party in 8/25 and my FPP are still in the account. It is our last day. I wouldnā€™t be distraught if they were removed but I am not going to do it until I need to. Maybe I wonā€™t have to. I will find out next week.

1 Like

Has anyone tried their FPs with just the party ticket yet?

Yes I did on 8/25. I reported on chat. Scanned 1st party ticket only FP at 9:50am ish, Mickey turned green. Scanned for my party band just a little after 4pm. Mickey turned green. Scanned two additional prebooked FP schedule after 4 pm with party ticket. Mickeys all turned green. Booked a 4th and 5th FP on party ticket without issue. I will give better details when I get home. But basically it worked fine. To my knowledge my dummy/phantom MDE has not been locked.

1 Like

Debating what to do. Our FP day is tomorrow. Itā€™s a 2 week trip with 3 parties (2 MNSSHP and 1 MVMCP). I figured since our last day is just the Christmas party, I would make FPs for that and if they get cancelled no big deal, but I would really like to have 2 for the Halloween parties as well, I just donā€™t want my last 2 regular park days FPs to get cancelled.

Did anyone do a head count for those who mentioned problems vs. those who didnā€™t? Trying to decide if itā€™s worth the risk.

I know someone said they knew someone who worked at Disney and they had a meeting about allowing 2 per ticket, but has that person had any follow up with the CM?

Wanted to give some feedback on my experience this morning. So I booked all of our regular ticket date fast passes first, then booked fast passes for our party dates, being sure to keep the start and end times for the party date fast passes between 4 PM and 6:30 PM. If you do this, be sure not to go back and cancel any of your regular fast passes, because then you will have to delete all of your party days fast passes in order to add it back. Then youā€™ll have to add your party day fast passes again. I made that mistake this morning. Modifying was fine, just donā€™t cancel them outright.

I ended up not creating a second MDE account. Everything is in one account for me. If I enter after for the party 4pmā€¦and use my FPs, it wonā€™t read it as a regular ticket and I end up losing one day of regular park ticket right?

No. It will not. Just make sure to enter via the party designated entrance.

Disn you try to get same day FPPā€™s with it at other parks on other days?

Prebooking it only allowed my party day and only MK. I did not attempt to book a FP with it in another park after I had used my 3. I only booked additional FP in MK.

I know this question has been answered and beat to death, but I feel the need to ask a question about it. I have a 6 day stay planned in November with the last day being MVMCP. I have a 5 day park hopper ticket, but intend to add a day to the ticket when we get there (apparently they can only do that in the park.) We have reservations for BBB the morning of the party and also Cinderellaā€™s table at lunch (not ideal, but was the times I was able to get the reservations) and so I will need a park ticket to get into the park that day. My FPP window opens in the morning. Do I go ahead and book all the FPP I would ordinarily plan to get for all days of the stay or do I not do FPP for my day DHS (seems to not run out of FPP early) and plan to add those once I am able to extend my tickets?

No first hand experience, but I havenā€™t heard of anyone losing fastpasses without getting a warning email first, and not everyone in a similar position has got an email. Now there could be several different circumstances that lead to whether someone gets an email or not.

However as your party day is the last day, then I think you are safe to go ahead and book fastpasses for all days. Make sure the party day ones are the last that you book (this appears to be one factor). I assume you would book the party day ones for between 4 and 6/7pm. If you get a warning email then be prepared to cancel one dayā€™s worth of fastpasses, whichever are least important to you or that you think you are most likely to be able to get a few days ahead.

1 Like

At this point we are not sure the MVMCP will be allowed early entry. MK is listed as closing at 6pm on party nights. Itā€™s possible they will clear the park and FP with a party ticket will be eliminated.