Very girly - park makeup question!

All I can manage in the parks with the heat and humidity is some eyeliner and mascara.

3 Likes

Lol, thatā€™s why I ask. I usually put on a version of my normal daily makeup and it works well, but weā€™re always there in late Nov./early Dec. and itā€™s never been to bad in our experience.

Oh yeah, just soak and gently wring out (watch nails donā€™t tear it). Then bounce makeup on, and wash with a gentle soap when done. Iā€™ve been using them for years and swear by them. They make your makeup look so much more natural.

For reference, my daily routine includes concealer, foundation, blush, eye makeup, eyeliner, mascara, gloss/lipstick

Canā€™t wait to try, ordering today! Thanks again!

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty much my routine as well. The eye part varies depending on whether Iā€™m just going to/from stores, kids activities etcā€¦or dinner w/ the hubby or something lol. I like to look nice in the thousand photos we take on each trip, but donā€™t want to spend a ton of time in the mornings on a beauty routine, especially if it wonā€™t hold up throughout the day.

1 Like

I melt easily too. Should have mentioned. Iā€™m an oil slick within minutes of stepping out into the FL air. I wondered on the last trip how I would manage if I lived there full time. The answer? I wouldnā€™t.

2 Likes

Haha I get it!! I am in a very humid part of TXā€¦not very different from the FL humidity so Iā€™m used to it, but being on your feet in a park for hours each day can wear the makeup downā€¦

1 Like

Is your hair straight or wavy/curly? Mine is superfine and curly since I stopped straightening it a few years ago. Now I use the Deva Curl products, NoPoo shampoo, One Condition in the shower, then I mix together the Frizz-Free Volumizing Foam and the light gel and scrunch it in then just dry it a bit with an old 100% cotton t-shirt so itā€™s not dripping wet. I let it air dry or use the diffuser for a bit then I put a couple spritzes of Set it Free in my palms and scrunch it in. That gets rid of the crunchiness from the gel and expands the curls. I find itā€™s not worth fighting the true nature of my hair, especially in humidity.

1 Like

I have long, fine straight hair!

Sorry for inundating you with curly details!

Iā€™m the same with curly hair but mine is quite thick. I used to straighten it too, but it used to take so long and only last a couple of hours, that I now let it do what it wants! I use John Frieda Frizz Ease products, I put the curl reviver mousse in damp hair and like you, try to let it dry naturally, too long under the diffuser and itā€™s back to square one! When at Disney I always wear a pony tail with a visor hat to keep it under control. I get really dry hands, so after creaming them I scrunch the residue through my hair to give it a boost!

1 Like

No worries!! :smiley:

I have long, fine, straight hair and I use the Aveda voluminizing spray. I also use the Origins Vitazing moisturizer. It has an SPF of 15 and a slight tint in it. It is nice to put on and not have to worry about sunscreen