Universal Florida vs LA

I’m thinking that maybe my next once-in-a-lifetime holiday might be to the West Coast theme parks rather than the East.

What principal differences are there between the two Universal Studios? What major attractions are different? I have been to the one in LA a few times, but not for a long time. I went to the one in Florida this summer.

What about weather? Is LA weather more reliable? Less rainy?

It’s been ages since I’ve been to CA Universal. Based on the research I’ve done, I know that it’s a single park vice two parks and does not have as many attractions. What it DOES have is the back lot tour, which I remember being quite good. Others will have to provide more specific guidance.

As for the weather, I can comment with some authority (having lived in Southern CA for 6 years) that rain is MUCH less of a factor and in general, the weather is more moderate year-round.

2 Likes

I know nothing about Orlando, I am planning my first trip in april and I havent decided yet whether or not to squeeze in universal. But I have a annual pass for both disneyland and universal hollywood. USH is not a very big park in my opinion, and with a good plan and during the offseason you could do it all in one day! I would suggest staying onsite there, if you can afford it. The hilton a very short walk to the entrance of the park. Most of the time the weather is very nice, and LA does not get alot of rain. I went the week before christmas and we arrived to almost 70 degrees and sunny, but the next day was cold and a bit cloudy, I for sure needed my sweater.

1 Like

yes!! the backlot is really cool and so is the show waterworld!!!

1 Like

I’m a huge Harry Potter fan, so the downside for me would be that there is no Diagon Alley in California, which I think is absolutely incredible in the Orlando park.

2 Likes