Touring Plans / Fast Pass Questions

Yes, but not complete.

If you only have one pre-booked, you can make 2 in a different park immediately after scanning the pre-booked.

But this does not apply if you are not switching parks. Then you must use 3 before you can book a 4th.

1 Like

I am confused about what you are saying here?

Has anyone tried this since the changes on the SDFP went into effect? I thought the whole thing was you must be scanned into the park that you are booking fast passes at. For example if I am scanned in to Epcot I can’t fast pass at any other park till a scan into said park. These changes went into effect June 7 2017 so we really need to hear from someone who park hopped this summer to know what actually works now

So I went in late June. When booking fastpasses, I could see options for all of the parks. Even though I wasn’t hopping, I was checking in occasionally to see what was available at different points in the day.

The changes affected using a band for a Fastpass that was not used to swipe into the park. Ex: my husband stayed at the hotel one morning but had fastpasses. If I had taken his band and tried to use the fastpasses our MDE account likely would have been locked because he did not swipe in that morning. Previous to the changes, I would have been able to do it and “get away with it.”

So, even if you are swiped into Epcot and you book a FP in MK, you are fine. You will go swipe in to MK and “legally” use your FP. In actuality, even if for some reason you don’t go use it, you are still fine. It’s only when using a band that wasn’t used for entry that there is a problem.

You can book FPs before scanning in if there is a ticket. If you do not enter the park before using the FP your account will be flagged.

1 Like

This agrees with what I have read regarding the switch, you can plan and book fast passes all you want, but you can’t actually use the FP until your ticket has been used at the gate.

I think they leave the availability to see other parks because you can go upgrade to a hopper and getting that FP might be the motivator.

1 Like

I was told that there are no buses that leave TTC and go directly to AK or HS. What are these brown buses that you speak of? Is there also a bus that leaves TTC and goes to Disney Springs?

This map is from disneyprepschool

They indicate that there is still a bus line that travels from ttc to ak and hs.

Problem is they never tell you how old the map is but typically they are good keeping things up to date. If that line doesn’t exist you can bus directly to contemporary and then monorail to ttc

for #3 - worst case, as long at MK is open later than HS, you could take a bus from HS to Contemporary and walk or monorail over to MK to get back to the TTC.

We are staying at Poly, close to TTC, and I’m thinking that walking there and getting on a direct bus would be faster than going to the resort bus stop because those buses share with at least the Grand Floridian.

I checked and I saved a map just like that, but mine is different! No brown buses leaving from TTC, only from MK! Mine says 2/2015 version but I can’t tell if your version is newer?

It sounds like the map I’ve seen is old and yours is more up to date. Keep in mind that Disney is rolling out their new Minnie van service, I’ve heard it’ll be a flat $20 to take you from point a to point b as long as it’s on Disney property, if all else fails this may be a decent option.

1 Like

This site has the maps, along with a log of changes (e.g. rerouted brown 2 Sept 2014). Last updated the map 9 Aug 2016. Walt Disney World ResortÂŽ Maps .

Thanks!

Oooh! That is good to know! I didn’t know that piece! I was planning to only use one at Epcot and then book one for later that night at MK - that’d be great if I could book TWO! :slight_smile: