Ticket Price Bridging and Upgrading to an Annual Pass

If it helps, I created a spreadsheet to help decide the best place to get discounted tickets for an AP upgrade.

You enter the number of adults and children you hope to upgrade to AP, it tells you who has the best deal, the tickets you should buy, and how much you should have to pay at upgrade:

3 Likes

Hereā€™s my semi related question on this topic. I have a trip planned in August, and DD16 & I will be upgrading our tix to APā€™s as weā€™ll be back in November, and potentially next June. (Its the Year of Awesome, after all.) Iā€™ve added Memory Maker to my package for August. When bridging, will they credit the cost of the MM since itā€™s included in the AP price? Because that would make my cost a little betterā€¦

1 Like

They should credit you the cost of your MM.

1 Like

The OP and thread are so helpful. I was looking into doing this on our trip coming up since I purchased the 7 day PH through UT before the price increase at a great discount. I have been searching for more info and this was the best and easiest to understand. Thank you!

2 Likes

If we are planning to bridge a ticket to an AP, we should definitely buy the MM first, right? That way it will be working right away.

If we buy an AP onsite I assume the MM wonā€™t work for the first three days. No?

MM works right away with AP.

1 Like

MM not only works right away, but all photos from the previous year will reappear in your account, and available for download.

1 Like

@brklinck and @PrincipalTinker, If I enter the park on 6/21/17 with a 7 day park ticket, but do not convert to AP until 6/28/17, when does my AP expire? (6/21/18 or 6/28/18)? Leaving today!

You have to convert before you use your last day. Your AP is activated the date you first use that 7 day ticket. You should upgrade it on day one (after you used it if it is a discount) to take advantage of all discounts.

We have several days of water park credits left over from no expiration tickets that we purchased years ago. When we convert to AP, will we lose those credits?

If you have used any WP admissions on a ticket, you have to upgrade to a Platinum Plus AP which includes WPs.

So they wonā€™t leave the old water park credits alone? They are not a part of the current tickets purchased from UT that we are converting. Those tickets do not include the waterpark option.

If the old no-ex tickets are not the ones you are converting, then they are left alone.

Thank you so much for this thread! We are staying off site for the first time in February, so I planned on buying an AP to save on parking and get the discounts. I had no idea you could upgrade at the park, even if you bought tickets from UT. The buy 4 day with 3 day upgrade that I purchase at UT should really help us out with the cost of the AP. I canā€™t say enough great things about everyone in this forum; you are all such a tremendous help!

2 Likes

@PrincipalTinker and @brklinck Just tried to do the ticket to annual pass conversion at MK. They would not give me current WDW price. Somehow even though I bought the tickets from UT they had a lower price in their system. Has something changed?

Sometimes you need to be insistent about the credit you should be getting (current gate price). Some CMs are not as good at bridging as others - I remember someone posting here that they needed to get a supervisor to do it as the CM couldnā€™t.

The system has also been having trouble ā€œseeingā€ the the tickets you are upgrading are park hoppers (if they are). Check that too!

Found a really nice CM at AK who did the conversion at the gate price! Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Question around thisā€¦ Can I upgrade twice? Specifically, upgrade 7-day park hoppers to a Gold Annual at DVC price? And then do another upgrade some time later to convert the Gold to a Platinum? The reason to do this is I am not sure if I will be going on the blackout weeks and would prefer to only pay once we know for sure.

In general, WDW is always more than willing to get extra money out of you, so you can probably upgrade twice. However, I do not know if you can upgrade to the discounted DVC APs - does anyone have any experience with this?