The Forums have a Search Function

As a PSA, I would like to remind people that the Forum, unlike Chat, does have a search function. This was a feature that many had asked for in Chat, but it was not possible given the software architecture. But here in the forums, it can be a great tool for accessing info. Take, for example, the (OMG not again) question “What’s your favorite snack?”. I typed “snacks” into the search bar and got 50 hits (the max I believe that the software will do). I clicked on one of those links and was taken to a thread with 88 posts. Another link took me to another thread, this time with 43 posts. HDDR and DDP turned up similar results.

9 Likes

I will add that sometimes the forum will warn you if you post to a thread that is old. Most times the information in an older thread is still good! I actually love it when an old thread pops back up. If you search and wonder, “I wonder if this information is still good.” Don’t be afraid to ask!

2 Likes

Thx. for the info, search function makes things so much easier

so… what IS your favorite snack @bswan26??? :wink:

5 Likes

:joy::joy:

So that’s what that is! All this time I thought it was a capital “Q” at the top of the page. I wondered what the Q stood for. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a magnifying glass!

Oh that’s weird, this was in my ‘latest’ sorting but it’s from 2 years ago :joy:

2 Likes