Suggestions for Day Trip near Universal?

We will be at the hard rock for five full days but only have park tickets for 4. I plan on using that extra day just for relaxing but have a feeling we will want to do something once we get there. Any suggestions for other places to visit near universal that won’t break the bank? Thanks!

Not sure how you describe “breaking the bank”, but Sea World is an obvious choice. Although more of a drive, Busch Gardens in Tampa is a beautiful park with animals and some really good coasters…

1 Like

I would just enjoy the City Walk etc. Perhaps go into Orlando itself - go to downtown Celebration, enjoy the other resorts as well (as you are welcome to pool hop at US). It really depends if you want to relax or do stuff. What about the beach?

Relaxing and taking it easy for a day sounds great right now…but i’m willing to bet we’d get tired of that by 10:00 am lol. Which Disney Park do you think would be good for just a single day. We’ve been to MGK, Animal kingdom and epcot and i’d do any of them again…just not sure how much we would actually see since we are going in late June. Thanks for the suggestions!

Totally a personal choice. I love epcot - but if I had only 1 day - MK for sure. However have you thought about doing the new water park at US - I assume you have but just throwing it out there

Great post and question, thanks! What about the little-known stuff, like seeing the Everglades, Gatorland, etc. Can someone recommend a low-key idea for us (just 2 adults) beyond the obvious theme parks?

Another possibility would be to drive over to Kennedy Space Center