Starbucks Questions

Would anyone happen to know if one can use the Starbucks app and e-gift cards at the Starbucks in Downtown Disney at DLR?

We get Groupon deals for them once in a while and I’m sure we’ll end up there for breakfast a few times. I was thinking of stocking up on a few of the e-gift cards in advance, but I won’t bother if they won’t accept them.

I believe they will as Starbucks is a franchise and I know their gift cards are excepted at all the Starbucks I am aware of. Also if you are on the Disney Dinning plan, you can use your snacks at Starbucks in Epcot for any drink. I am unsure about the food or if this is also true in DS.

1 Like

I used my phone to starbucks. They won’t let you use the free rewards though.

2 Likes

Oh, did that change? When I went, they said they would accept gift cards and earned rewards (like the free drink on your birthday or stars creating a free drink for you) but said anything you buy would not count toward your star-count. Which made sense as their prices are a bit inflated and that would count toward extra stars.

EDIT: My information is a bit off. I redeemed my free drink at one of them in Disney Springs, which do allow for rewards as they are company-owned stores. Sorry for any bad info I might have spawned. :frowning:

I think it counted towards rewards but I wasn’t allowed to use my rewards. I use my Starbucks gift card that is on my phone.

1 Like

I know a couple of years ago it did count towards rewards - and any star “contest” they were having (like the “make 10 purchases in 6 days” or whatever things they do sometimes). I know that because I was so sad I was going to miss days because I figured it wouldn’t count, but it did! (The in-park ones counted towards that also.)

I never tried to redeem rewards though - I like to hoard them until my balance is low and I can’t reload right away. (Or they say they’re about to expire, whichever comes first.)

3 Likes

Two years ago in Disneyland it was I could use it for stars, but not redeem rewards. It is the same at our airport. I wonder if Downtown Disney is different though.

2 Likes

At MCO I got my free drink.

I was referring to my local airport, which explained to me that they contract, so that is why the cannot offer the rewards. I am wondering if it is the same in DLR. Good to know about MCO, as I hope to one day get to WDW.

1 Like

So, we were at DLR from April 4-12, and I got some confirmation at the Downtown Disney Starbucks (the original east side one). The barista there told me that you can both earn and redeem rewards there. We went there several times, and I was able to get two free coffees that I had earned on my app.

She said that their store is an “official” Starbucks, whereas the ones in the parks are not, so the rewards cannot be redeemed at those in the parks.

3 Likes