Split Stay ADRs

We are doing a split stay at two onsite resorts. I thought I recalled from my past experience, as well as discussion here, that when I hit my 180 days prior for making ADRs at the first resort, I would be able to book ADRs for the entire stay at both resorts, but that didn’t happen. Only the 7 days of the first resoet opened; is this correct?

Same happened to me for my split stay.

You have independent ADR windows for each reservation, and the “+10” is limited by the length of stay for the reservation in question. So, to answer your question, this is correct - in 7 days time the second ADR window will open and you can make reservations for the rest of your stay.

Yes it’s correct. For FP though, you can book for the length of your tickets when your 60 day window opens for the first stay.

Thank you all, and for confirming that the FP booking works differently.

Did you buy tickets separately from your resort stays?

Yes, I purchased tickets separately from UT

Perfect! Your fast passes will work with no issues!

This is music to my ears - we’re also in the same situation and I was really worried about this. Thanks!

I am resurrecting an old thread.

Is the original answer still the case? If we are split staying for our trip, is the ADR window now 60 plus length of TOTAL stay, or just 60 plus length of each separate stay?

If the latter, is there a way around it, if necessary?

Thanks.

The only way around it would be an overlapping leading reservation (but there is a glitch with that- isn’t there?).

There are two 60 day check in dates.

1 Like

There is sort of a glitch. What control your ADR window is the later reservation that has an open dining window. So, say you have three reservations:

a) Leading reservation starting 10 days before your first real reservation.
b) First real reservation for 1 night.
c) Second real reservation for 6 nights.

You will be able to make reservations at the 60+10 until 60 days before your first real reservation. Then you will only be allowed to make reservations up to when you first real reservation ends.

This would be the same problem with a three part split stay.

You can get around this my removing your companion in the room and giving them the leading reservation.

Not sure I understand the leading reservation part, but sounds like more trouble than it is worth. Mostly wanted to best plan which ADRs to plan for what days based on this info. Wasn’t sure if it changed when they went to 60 days.

Thanks!

Thanks, I don’t do them but I knew there was something weird.

1 Like

I just did this yesterday I have ressies 3/19-3/21 bcv, 3/21-3/26 blt, waitlist BCV. I booked the first 3 online , but then I called for fishing and a cabana. When finishing up they asked anything else? I said I would like to book adrs for3/21-3/26, she said yes I could but needed my other confirmation number and a supervisor and it would be 2 mins. She came back and gave me a gentleman who helped me. Went great. Was thrilled

4 Likes

Good to know. Thanks for the report on this…so, if I am concerned, I can always try calling. Which I might do when the time comes.

Wow! You really got some pixie dust there!

2 Likes

I know the past 3 years I’ve done it in 2 steps. And I was prepared for a no, you’ll have to wait