Sheraton Garden Grove

Thinking of staying here for one night on an upcoming trip, because I’m a slave to Starwood points. Anyone have any feedback on how the shuttle service works? It says it runs constantly on the 15 and 45 minute marks.

Thanks!

The alternative, by the way, would be the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn. I’m getting in late in the evening, and would literally have the room just to sleep before heading to the parks, and to store my luggage while I’m at the parks for the day. Would not be spending any meaningful time at the hotel at all, and they are the exact same price. Question is whether the Starwood points are worth the extra hassle of not really being a reasonable walking distance (looks like the Sheraton is almost 2 miles away down Harbor).

For the same price I would chose the BW Anaheim Inn. Closer is always better when you are short on time. The Sheraton is a nicer hotel, but you can’t beat walking distance!

1 Like

As it turns out, the other Sheraton that is just south of DCA opened up some rates that were cheaper, so I’m just going that route. It’s a touch further of a walk as compared to the Best Western, but getting those Starwood points is worth it. :smile:

1 Like

Since discovering Sheraton Park we have become slaves to the Starwood Points as well. The walk isn’t horrible we think, but we do sometimes miss staying across the street on Harbor. What we do love is with gold status you can request early check in 7am and late checkout 4pm (if available). So almost like a free day! Did you end up liking the hotel overall?

Yeah, it was great! I didn’t spend a ton of time there, but I have gold status as well and was upgraded to a club level room, which was nice. It was clean, the bed was reasonably comfy, and it met all of my needs. Didn’t think the walk was bad at all, either. It will probably be my go-to when I’m at DLR in the future.