Rivers of Light Dining Package - December

I discovered that this morning too, but it said nothing was available. I don’t think that these could possibly have book up that quickly.

I too have the same experience where is states that no tables are available.

Will call them when they open.

Fingers crossed.

Just had a phone conversation with a Disney CM at Dining Reservations. She was able to get me a reservation for the ROL package, but the only meal time available was 11:35 AM on the 14th (the day I wanted in October). Not quite what we want, but it is a start. Can the reservation finder look for this package?

I feel the same way. Disney wants us to make all these decisions 180 days out but doesn’t give us the information we need to make the decisions. Very frustrating

Just booked mine on MDE for Oct. 14th at 2:45pm with no problems. Good luck to everyone!!!

I just got mine too for October 17. No issues here either.

1 Like

No blue dates for November or December yet!

1 Like

Worked for me too :slight_smile: October 14th, 12:30pm!

Finally managed to book my ADR too. 11.20 am on the 19th Oct, yay!

When you say “Blue Dates” what are you refering to?

If you go to the page that gives the detailed description of the dining package, and use the search calendar there, as you scroll through months you’ll see that dates when the package is offered are blue, and days when it is not offered are gray.

It’s been noted by the keen observers here that the date will “go blue” shortly before they actually start taking reservations.

2 Likes

I was rooting around on their website and found this statement about timing for RoL packages, looks like we have a while to wait for Nov/Dec postings:

“The dining packages for Rivers of Light are released as showtimes are confirmed, which is approximately 3 months in advance. We understand that this does not align with other dining reservation booking windows, and apologize for any confusion this may cause.”

At least they apologized… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is this reservation problem/blue date thing for ROL the same for the dessert parties? I have been trying to book the MK plaza garden viewing one since my 180 day without any luck

Yes, and no. If there are blue dates but no times then that probably means it’s sold out. Keep trying, though, because people’s plans change and that’s pre-paid so people definitely drop it as soon as they know they’re not going (as opposed to waiting until the night before)

I’ve read in a few places about " day of reservations " is that true? I’m thinking not likely during holidays

You could check early that morning, because someone might have cancelled right at the deadline especially if the weather isn’t predicted to be the best.

I’m in the same situation trying to book Rivers of Light for December but dates are grayed out. Worried that I’ll miss my opportunity as this just happened to me with Fantasmic. Started looking at 180 day mark, but last date available was December 15th (I’ll be there the 21st) and have been looking every day to see if dates opened yet. Called on two separate occasions to ask if they had any idea when dates would open and no one knew anything. All they said was keep checking. This morning was online at 5am and then again at noon–still gray. Happened to go on again this evening and saw dates were open! Tried to book and everything at all restaurants sold out. Called to talk to disney rep and they weren’t helpful. Couldn’t even tell what time those dates opened, basically too bad. So it seems if you don’t check every hour every day you could miss the opportunity. So even when you do everything you’re supposed to, like getting up every day to get online at precisely 5am, you still can miss out.

1 Like

I’m waiting on Fantasmic too.

Those bookings wont be ‘gone’ already, they aren’t available to be booked yet even though they appear open. Try first thing in the morning over the next day or so and you should get what your looking for.

It’s super frustrating.
I’m waiting on this, plus two others to ‘open’!

You’re right. I went online this morning and was able to book a Fantasmic package. I didn’t get the restaurant I wanted, but hey, at least I was able to get something. When I called the agent last night, she told me everything was sold out.

I was able to get H and V but not MM about an hour ago. She wasn’t sure if MM is sold out or just haven’t been released for my dates yet.