Quick Service Meals to Share

Our trip in June 2018 is for 7 FULL days. Our flight gets in at 7:45 AM on Wednesday the 13th and departs at 11:30 PM on the 19th. We have 7 day PH’s and have the DDP. Since we will have 7 full days at the world and only 6 TS and 6 QS meals I need suggestions on where to get the most bang for my buck on QS meals. Where are the best places to get QS to share between 2 adults? Any help would be appreciated.

What resort will you be staying in? Some of my favorite “shareable” meals are at resort locations: pork nachos at Poly, Turkey or Beef with two sides at POR, flatbread or African stew at AKL. We often also share at WPE at DS, and QS meals at just about any QS at AK.

Edited to add: often you can also find snack credits that work as meals!

Animal Kingdom’s Flame Tree I would recommend getting the Ribs, Chicken, and Pulled Pork Sampler as one QS credit and getting a side of the French Fries with Pulled Pork and Cheese as a Snack credit (if they still allow that; my last trip was Nov '16). This would be PLENTY of food for two people. Plus those pork fries are delicious IMO.

1 Like

We will be at Pop. Thank you for the suggestions though. We will be doing some resort hopping our first day there with an ADR at Boma for dinner. I forgot about using snack credits.

1 Like

I think this list (updated regularly) by Tom Bricker is helpful: Best Dining Plan Counter Service Credit Uses - Disney Tourist Blog

2 Likes

Snack credits can definitely help you bridge the gap between QS and TS meal credits. The cinnamon roll at Gaston’s tavern is HUGE and fed three of us. Also, having 2 snack credits per person per day really helped us to keep tummy’s full without sitting down for a meal.

2 Likes

I’m definitely planning on using a snack credit for a smoothie a morning or two as “breakfast”.

One other thought…consider splitting TS meals too (if you are eating at places where there is a variety of menu options versus a buffet or pre-set meal). We found those meals to be big portions and easily shareable.

1 Like

I’d suggest sharing the St Louis Rib Dinner at Flame Tree. Pay with cash or snack credit for onion rings. Should be enough for three ppl. Probably quite easily.

Pecos Bill Fajita platter is easily enough for two, but if salt amount is an issue, you may want to stear clear. Plenty of love for Pecos Bill’s food from others, but I thought it was far too salty. LOTS of food, tho.

1 Like

If you look at some of the meals at the food court there are things that are easily shareable. Eg. my DD and I shared an adult’s chicken nuggets - 8 nuggets with 2 sides (this was at AOA so we had salad & kettle chips, not sure whether Pop has the same sides), I used my refillable mug and got her a milk. It was too much food for the 2 of us. We also shared the bounty platter one morning for breakfast. Other times we got 2 QS meals between DH, DD and I. Or for a snack DH, DD and I got 2 snacks to share between the 3 of us.