PBH to parks - is walking the simplest method?

From what I have read, it seems that if you are staying at an on-site hotel, walking really is the simplest and most straightforward method of getting to the parks. The shuttle means waiting, and still includes walking when they drop you off. Same for the ferry - you have to wait, and then walk from CW.

So if we have five in-shape and able-bodied people in our group, is walking the way to go? Or am I missing something?

1 Like

Walking from Portofino to the parks will take about the same about of time (or maybe a couple minutes longer) than the boat. If you are at Hard Rock, walking is quicker.

Thanks. but with walking, you don’t have to wait on a boat, boarding/unboarding times, etc., right?

I found that I rarely waited more than five mins for the boat. After a long day of walking it was nice to ride. I only took boat ( or walked ) no bus, but I think that the boat leaves you way closer than bus

What hotel are you staying at? I think that matters a ton here. Just as walking to DHS at Beach vs back rooms of Boardwalk

What if you are walking from Cabana Bay? My husband and I are going in May and staying at Cabana Bay, and we were just planning to walk everyday as well so we wouldn’t have to wait for the shuttle. Good idea?

Think bus might be quicker from Cabana walk is 20 ish or more bus about 12 plus wait time. But if nice weather I would consider walking with my coffee for rd. Anyone else ???

Jumping in here, what about RPR? :smile: Which method is faster for each park? As I posted in another thread, we are going to be very tight on time in the mornings. TIA!!!

OI's Universal on-site hotel map - Google My Maps This map might help .We are planning on RPR next year and will walk in the AM and boat it later in the day unless a boat is there when we are leaving in the AM which I doubt. You should be able to zoom in on the map also. To give you an idea the Yellow path between the parks took me 3 minutes at a very fast walking pace and normally takes about 4-5 mins. Everything is soo close

1 Like

Walk from RPR.

1 Like

We timed walking from Universal Studios back to the Portofino Bay one evening (we could see that we had just missed the boat and didn’t feel like waiting). We are pretty fast walkers, but we did have a stroller - it took us 13 minutes to walk back and reach the boat dock at the hotel. The boats were pretty good though - never had to wait long for one.

@PianoMinnie - it’s been a while since I stayed at the Royal Pacific, but I seem to remember the walk to IOA taking about 5 minutes (maybe less even) - we always just walked.

2 Likes

The walk from USF to PBH is .7 miles, about 13 min ata moderate pace.

Ha ha, oh alright maybe we are moderate walkers then - it had been a long day though! :laughing:

1 Like