Our Recent 9 Day Trip (In Disney Parks 8 of those days and 1 to Universal)

Thanks so much for this fantastic trip report! I’m so glad your family had such a good time - and I too loved the pictures. Counting down until our late February trip, I enjoyed the anticipation anew by reading through your memories. We stayed once at POR and decided not to do it again. Had some of the same issues that you did with a lot of little frustrations. We’ve settled on POFQ as our Moderate of choice knowing that a Deluxe for us means a shorter vacation - and that’s never a trade-off for me! I’ll try for 'Ohana on your recommendation; one of the (few) places we’ve not yet tried.

Fellow SigEp from many moons ago too. Excellent trip report!

Great pictures, I’m so glad you added them!

Your family is adorable!! Thanks so much for adding all the pictures - they are fantastic! What a great report!!

Thanks. I’m glad i did too

Thanks SO Much!!!

1 Like

Being a Hail State fan, I love the Cowboys shirt. Way to represent Dak! Haha!

These pictures make me homesick. I can’t wait to go back. And I made the same face you did on Rockin Rollercoaster. I wish my wife would have said we could go back next year instead of the cruise.

Well, i can’t roll with you on the Hail State part, being an LSU Tiger fan, but i’ve gotta give it to you. DAK IS INCREDIBLE!!! i knew he was good, but man i didn’t expect that. Les Miles really messed up on that one, he wanted to play qb at LSU, but Miles wanted him to switch to Defense. Oh what could have been,

LOL, i really couldn’t think of any other face to make on RNR so i just went with it. Everyone in the photo pass room after the ride was cracking up, oh well, now i have three years to think of something else to do

Great report and pictures. Thanks for sharing.

What an amazing trip and trip report! You really made the most of your days!! Thanks for sharing

Yeah, take it easy on us on September 16. Haha.

I had asked my daughters (who didn’t want to go on it because it did a “loop-de-loop” what face they wanted me to make. I made a few of them and that was what they chose. We got a good laugh out of it later on.

Rides we missed because mine were too little or to scared include Expedition Everest, Thunder Mountain (but it was closed until the last day we were there), Space Mountain, RnRc, Kali River Rapids, Test Track and probably a few others I’m missing. We have to make those a priority next time. Not as many kiddo rides either.

What I’ve found is that Disney trips evolve as families needs change. That’s what I love about Disney. Enough for my 6 year old daughters to do, but when they become more adventurous, we can still go back and enjoy it. Hey, even my parents went a few weeks before we did and they loved it. They are in their 70s.

When we went, we did Mickey’s Backyard BBQ on the night we got down. I am wondering whether or not we should repeat that, or if we should do the Poly show or Hoop De Doo.

What was the Hoop de Doo like? Was it interactive? A show where you have to sit and watch while you eat? I see you say you would recommend it, but is there a caveat? A certain age range that it would be more suited for?

The Hoop Dee Doo, is pretty much appropriate for all ages. They sing, dance, tell corny jokes. They also come out in the audience and ask if anyone is celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or other special occassion. They do have one skit where they pick several audience members to participate on stage. My 5 year old daughter LOVED IT.

She wanted to ride everything, but the only ones she wasn’t able to was Rock N Roller Coaster and Primeval Whirl, which i rode both while they went to take naps, RNR was awesome, i thought Primeval Whirl was kind of lame

1 Like

Great advice!

Great report!!
I always hear that the ride wait times are pretty dead on, wonder why yours were so off?

I don’t know. I wondered that too. Because in the years planning, everyone that reported was saying that everything was spot on, and of course not for me. Oh well we had a blast

What a magical trip! I enjoyed reading your trip report (Just read from start to finish!) and your pictures were awesome, but what I liked most was your family’s shared excitement and joy! You did so much, made such fantastic memories and your happiness shows in your report and pictures! You had the trip everyone wishes for! No future trip planned for me for a while so thank you so much for sharing!!

Thanks so much for your kind words. We really did have an amazing trip, and we made memories that will last a lifetime. I even teared up a little bit reading your comment to my wife and daughter (these three girls, dog included have made me soft, LOL). They both agree 100% we really did have the trip everyone wishes for. You’ll get “HOME” soon enough, look at the bright side it took me over 30 years to get back, and now headed back in 2020. Thanks Again!!!

1 Like

Why would you not rent the stroller again? I am on the fence about the stroller for my 5 year old (and 7 year old :wink:).

Thanks for posting! I enjoyed reading about your trip!

To be honest, she never really rode in it. and when she did it seemed as if she was more moody and cranky after getting out of it, in between rides than she was on the days when we just did not bring it with us, and told her she needed to be a big girl and walk. Not to mention the pain in the butt of trying to maneuver the stroller in and out of other stroller traffic. After the first couple of days we realized it was easier just to hold her hand and she seemed to be in better moods those days. Strollers may work for you, especially with two kids, but we just figured it was easier for her to always hold one of our hands, because there are tons of strollers especially at MK. Thanks