October 2015 Roll Call

Will be back in WDW October 21 - 24, 2015!

Can’t wait to do HDDR, F&W and MNSSHP for the first time! (Any tips or recommendations greatly appreciated!)

Anyone else going to be there that month? What are you looking forward to most? Any firsts?

2 Likes

we will be there 10/24-11/1, booked at Poly. will probably do MNSSHP on 10/25. I am anxiously awaiting the park hours to be released. there is a small chance of changing dates but I’m hoping to keep this week!

Me too! Any ideas about when they might say which days they have MNSSHP?

The tickets and dates are released in Early May each year.

You are my go-to person today! Thanks!

1 Like

yep, @outer1 is right, early May they will officially be released. hopefully park hours will come out in March so if MK is listed as closing at 7pm on certain nights, those are probably the nights the party will be.

1 Like

I’ll be there 09/27 to 10/04! Staying at Pop. The thing I’m looking forward to most is being on vacation at all. This will be my first time on vacation from a job where I have paid time off. I’m sure I’ll be spending a lot of time doing things like riding Splash Mountain and marveling about the fact that I’m getting paid even though I’m there.

Also psyched for my very first solo trip anywhere ever, seeing the Festival of Fantasy parade, eating all the things! at Food & Wine, and riding the monoral.

3 Likes

October 9 - 18. Staying at the WL, doing MNSSHP during the week. ADR decisions are still in flux, which is driving me crazy. Does my wife not realize there are only 252 days until we leave for Orlando? Does she not realize we are 72 days away from making ADRs? Whew!

EDIT: This will be our second MNSSHP and second FW. Last time we weren’t really prepared for FW and failed to take advantage of “eating around the world”. Not this time! (One ADR I don’t have to make!) MNSSHP was great but unfortunately I was so busy trying to get a good picture of the Horseman that I missed the Horseman.

2 Likes

If you look at the crowd calendar, it projects party nights. My experience has been these are pretty solid so I use them for preliminary planning.

29 October 2015 - 6 November 2015, staying in a preferred room in Alligator Bayou at POR. This is our first time staying at POR, and my sons’ second trip to WDW. My youngest will have his sixth birthday while we’re there, and we are looking forward to doing MNSSHP also.

1 Like

The week your going is our “usual” weekend we go for mnsshp but switching it up this year for the first weekend in oct! 10/2-10/4! Doing our third year for the party (fri night) and going to try for HDDR that sat night!!! Haven’t booked anythin yet but thinking of staying at WL again this year, we did last oct and really loved it!!! We are already planning our costumes… Star Wars theme this year according to ds5!!!

Ooh, first person who I know is overlapping my dates. Exciting!!

1 Like

Awesome! I remember my first paid vacation… to WDW, too! And how I felt like a “real” grown-up…

2 Likes

Well, the health insurance was the “Oh man I am a grownup!” moment, but paid vacation is a verrrry close second.

2 Likes

Well, let me show my age… I had a paid vacation BEFORE the whole everyone has health insurance through work thing!

2 Likes

@banksnld we did POR for the first time last trip. It was fantastic. We had a Royal Room in Magnolia Bend which was right across the bridge from the main building. The Sassagoula River was beautiful first thing in the morning. YeeHaa Bob was a lot of fun, as was the carriage ride around POR and POFQ.

Ooooooo, I might get to be on this list!!! :smiley:Tentatively planning 10/14-10/19!!! (But that would mean cutting back our June 2016 trip, so the final decision hasn’t been made yet.) But I hope we go for it because MNSSHP looks SO FUN!

3 Likes

@Sally_Carrera MNSSHP is fun. DW likes MVMCP better because Christmas is her favorite but the party and fireworks at MNSSHP were beyond incredible.

1 Like

Awesome! I’d like to experience both Parties eventually, but daydreaming about a combo trip including Food & Wine for this year. :grinning:

I agree… Mnsshp is the best!!! We are skipping some day trips this spring for a longer weekend in oct :slight_smile:

2 Likes