Not So Scary Halloween Party

I have just notice that the Not So scary Halloween party will be in august when I plan on attending. I was wondering if It is worth the price for a family of 4 and if you have to use one of my days of my park tickets? It falls on my sons birthday which we have reservations for breakfast at chef mickeys. Also if you had to choose one or the other what would you choose for 2 boys 7 and 8 years old

It will be expensive for your family, but I love it and I am planning on attending once again this year. There is a great night time parade, fireworks, trick or treating and short lines. Be careful though- special character meet and greets can be time consuming and if you decide on doing more than one you may limit what else you do.

It is a separate hard ticket event. In the past you could enter the park at 4:00 with that ticket (I think most people are assuming that will be allowed again). It does not take your day ticket. Although if you have non park hoppers you could use your regular ticket at a park in the morning and your party ticket at MK.

1 Like

I would choose the party (if budget allows)! It does not use a regular ticket. You just need the party ticket and it will allow you entry 4pm.

Thanks

It is great. The parade and fireworks are amongst the beat. However i will say if your boys do not stay up late, get cranky keep it in mind. It is expensive. Look up last years time for fireworks and see if your kids will be able to handle those hours.

If the boys will stay up that late then I’d say it’s worth the splurge… breakfast at Chef Mickey’s followed by some pool time before costuming up and heading to the parks in the afternoon (your party ticket will get you in at 4pm… you can even get FastPasses for the few hours before the party starts) sounds like a great birthday to me!

If you’re not wanting to spend on both character breakfast _an_d the party then I’d say do the party for sure. You can meet characters there! Talking Mickey (the one at Town Hall) will likely have very little (if any at all) wait just before the 8:30pm parade, so I think that’s a very good trade-off. Also, that party date will likely be much less busy and it will be a good chance to do a bunch of MK without long lines.

I was thinking those same plans almost to the T. We were going to go to Legoland while we were in Orlando but when I showed my boys this they chose MNSSHP. Oh they are so excited.

1 Like

If you want to be able to use all three FPs before the party starts then be sure to book the first one for 3:30-4:30, because they cut them off a little before the park closes. I was really frustrated last year after I made them for 4:00-5:00 and 5:00-6:00 and then it wouldn’t let me make a 3rd because apparently they cut them off slightly earlier than 7:00 and there wasn’t a full hour left.

Preparing to go to the party next week and looking for character suggestions. We are not into the long waits but I love seeing the characters in costume! Any recommendations which ones to meet? Does Town Square Mickey wear a costume? I think the Pooh characters also look like a must for my family.

Mickey dresses up for the occasion but it’s still a “Mickey suit” more or less. Assuming the costume doesn’t change this year, it’s a purple suit made to resemble a Dracula costume. I saw a list of this year’s meet and greets the other day. Let me go look and see if I can find it.

This came from user JudyHopps on the WDWMagic forums.

Main Street, U.S.A.
Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
Snow White near City Hall

Adventureland
Aladdin, Princess Jasmine, Jafar, Genie and Abu
Tarzan, Jane and Terk
Moana (Near misting tiki’s)
Captain Jack Sparrow

Liberty Square
Jack Skellington and Sally (Gazebo)

Fantasyland
Belle and Gaston (Gaston’s Tavern)
Alice, the Mad Hatter, Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum and the Queen of Hearts
Ariel, Prince Eric
Merida
Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet
Cinderella, Elena, Rapunzel and Tiana (Princess Fairytale Hall)

Storybook Circus
The Seven Dwarfs
Donald, Daisy and Minnie Mouse
Goofy
Cruella De Vil

Tomorrowland
Buzz Lightyear and Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear

2 Likes