Mission Space Orange: what is comparable?

Riding Orange made me sicker than I’ve ever been before. It took me almost 2 hours to recover and I don’t normally get terribly nauseated during rides that spin. The g’s forced tears from my eyes and my contacts were floating in my eyes. It’s not something I’ll EVER ride again.

Wow. I never knew so many people had problems with MS Orange. I actually enjoy moving my head around to get the vertigo rush. I find the ride even better after a couple of La Cava margaritas. Two trips ago I went straight from MS to a BG ADR (and ate too much as usual).

I’d have no problem going to BG after it but there’s no way I’d risk it after a margarita!

not to put a different spin on this (get it spin) - however I find Mission Space to be a complete waste of space (see how I did it again)

This has been a colossal fail on Disney’s part. The ride itself is LAME at best. There is no inspiration no WOW - nothing. The fact that Horizons was pulled down to make this (no there were no sinkholes) is a complete waste of time and money.

Sorry - done

2 Likes

Horizons (which by the way, I loved and agree was a MUCH better ride) was not pulled down so that MS could be built. The building had some significant structural issues, and GE pulled out as a sponsor. Attendance numbers at the ride were also way down. But don’t get started on the gutting of The World of Motion - an awesome dark ride - in order to put in Test Track - one of the dullest “thrill” rides ever created.

2 Likes

@bswan26 - I think we could be friends!!! HA. Totally agree.
The one thing however is that horizons did not actually have structural concerns (friend does engineering work for disney) - it was due to sponsor, low attendance (which I don’t get - as it was awesome) and the difficulty in keeping it “futuristic”.
I agree with World of Motion - I think we could have a WHOLE other thread about the original Journey Into Imagination pavilion. - HA

2 Likes

How would you describe Mission Space Green?

A full waste of time

I haven’t been on it since the new video was installed, so I can’t give a complete response. The old version was kind of like watching TV in a small closet with someone kicking the back of your chair.

4 Likes

There were two rides I enjoyed at Epcot — Soarin’ and Frozen. I only did Mission Space Green because I don’t do going-round-in-circles. @bswan26 is pretty much bang on the money. It’s hugely anticlimactic. As was Test Track — an awful lot of nonsense for about 3 seconds of excitement.